Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Confess! What's the grossest thing your child has put in their mouth?

dd was chewing on an emery board this morning and I thought that was pretty sick.  But that's not the grossest thing she's ever put in her mouth.  A few weeks (months?) ago I had the windows open.  I swear I had cleaned them recently!!! However, a sneaky little spider built a nice little web within dd's reach against the screen.  She swiped it and stuck it in her mouth.  I about gagged. I say it was a little web, but it wasn't.  It was big and it was all over her mouth.  She loved it. Sick-o.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Confess! What's the grossest thing your child has put in their mouth?

• Options
    My DS drinks his bathwater every night...he's unstoppable!
  • Options
    I think it would have to be the dog turd he picked up and held to his mouth.  It did not actually go inside his mouth, but close enough to be super gross! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Dogfood. lol But apparently I did it too when I was little so it must be in her genes. lol

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD once took a poopy diaper out of the trash and put it in her mouth in the the 30 seconds it took me to go wash my hands after a diaper change. Mmmm.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The other day I caught her eating one of my dog's Milkbones. 
  • Options
    dog food ALL THE TIME! so frustrating...
  • Options

I'm pretty sure that would be his own poop. If he's had something more gross in his mouth, I really don't want to know about it.

• Options
    She lets the dog lick her animal crackers and then eats them. She also tries to get him to lick her tongue.
  • Options
    Cat litter. GROSS!
  • Options

The other morning I went to get DS and he had taken off a poopy diaper and it was everywhere... there was poop near enough to his mouth that I can only assume some went in there.  Also, he attempts to drink his bathwater all the time.

• Options

That I know of? A cat whisker that he found on the floor. BLECH.

Also, he ate a sticker this morning. I still thing the cat whisker is grosser.

• Options
    Dried up dog poop. 
  • Options
    His own poop.
  • Options
    A booger.  That's right - my kid is a booger eater.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm too embarassed to say Embarrassed
  • Options
    so far the grossest would be a handfull of cat hair. I know something worse is bound to come up. I'm jsut waiting,
  • Options

imageSBMBride406:
    My DS drinks his bathwater every night...he's unstoppable!

This for now.  I don't want to know what is going to happen when he can get his diaper off...

• Options

imageaimeelv:
    I'm too embarassed to say Embarrassed

Oh no, you can't do that!  It's against the law!

• Options
    My 17 month old DD and my 2 year old niece were found on Friday sitting in front of Grandma's cat litter box both with little poopies in their hands, I about puked! 
  • Options
    A long-dead leaf bug that he pulled out of the track for the screen door.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options
    I'm super ashamed...but she once ate bird poo (well, got it in her mouth. I don't think she swallowed any). She was playing out side so nicely with the dog and I turned my back for two seconds to grab my camera and when I turned back around she was munching on *something*--when I did a swoop of her mouth my finger came out covered in bird poop. Ick! Needless to say she learned how to wash out her mouth that day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Joe and Ashley ~ June 16, 2007 ~ Olivia Rae ~ May 12, 2008 ~ 9:06 pm ~ 8lbs 4oz ~ 20.5 inches ~ Miscarriage of twins ~ April 16, 2009 at 6 weeks. ~ Surprise BFP 6/23/09 13DPO ~ Eleanor Rose ~ February 18, 2010 ~ 6lbs 15oz ~ 20 inches ~ Caroline Ruth ~ February 19, 2013 ~ 6lbs 12 oz ~ 19 1/4 inches

Our family is complete!

• Options
    a dead gecko. don't ask. ::hurl::
    aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• Options
    Her hand... immediately after a couple of dogs licked it. 
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • Options

imagehayleydeee:
    Her hand... immediately after a couple of dogs licked it. 

:eyebrow: seriously?

aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• Options
    Ds picked up a cigarette bud once and it almost made it to his mouth. Still makes me cringe.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    this morning i caught her gnawing on the heel of one my my shoes for work.. these heels see the subways of NYC! ewwwww!
  • Options

She put the toilet wand brush in her mouth.  Indifferent  

Lesson learned that day- doors to the bathroom will stay shut at all times in our house. 

Do you know how hard it is to rinse a toddlers mouth out with warm water without drowning her?  LOL.   I really wanted to wash her mouth out with soap. 

DD#1 is such a big girl! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

I dont know if I feel better or worse after reading these.

My daughter shares cat treats with my cats.

She eats catfood out of their bowl.

She has gotten a hold of the toilet cleaner brush but that was a once and done deal for me and I have no idea if anything got in her mouth as I walked in on it and she had been quiet for sometime.

She has eaten cat hair.

**My problems seem to begin and end with my cats!**

• Options
    A handful of sand from the sandbox, dog food, he loves to try to eat rocks, sticks, etc from outside and he tries to drink his bath water every night.  I can't recall him ever getting poop on his hands or near his mouth, but I imagine it is only a matter of time.
  • Options
    I think I've posted this before, but it's worth repeating...  My friend used to work in a hotel and he got a complaint from a couple who had checked in with their toddler that day.  They were unpacking and the toddler was on the floor playing... the mom realizes there is something in the kid's mouth... it's a used condom. Ick!
  • Options

imagelisaNov3:
    this morning i caught her gnawing on the heel of one my my shoes for work.. these heels see the subways of NYC! ewwwww!

Oh, we get this one too- he is a complete shoe-licker. He is also a bathwater-drinker and cat food-eater.

• Options

imageCytina:
    I think I've posted this before, but it's worth repeating...  My friend used to work in a hotel and he got a complaint from a couple who had checked in with their toddler that day.  They were unpacking and the toddler was on the floor playing... the mom realizes there is something in the kid's mouth... it's a used condom. Ick!

Gag me!! I think that takes the cake!

• Options
    my dogs tennis ball. he licked it and made the funniest face after.
  • Options
    A nugget of dog poop that my smallest dog was nice enough to leave on the floor.  It was rather horrifying for a few seconds.
  • Options
    a big hairy dust ball in the public locker room after his pool lesson. i don't even want to know what kinds of hair was in that hair ball.
    I got pregnant with PCOS after many years of IF! Thank you Lord! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    m/c 11/2/09
    *in da bag so far: D90|nikon 18-200|50mm f/1.8|sb700*
  • Options
    A spider was pretty gross. I gagged, but the worst.. a big green booger. DD showed it to me on her tongue and said "yum yum" I about lost my entire stomach. So far the only thing with DS is cat food.
    imageimage

9/24/2011 Plymouth Firefighters 5k: 47:13
    11/12/2011 Diva Dash 5k: 45:45
    5/5/2012 STEM school 5k TBD Coming up in 2012:
    6/10/2012 Walk to Remember SIDS foundation 5k
    (in memory of a sweet baby boy)
    11/10/2012 Diva Dash 5k
  • Options
    Ya know those covers that go overthe bolts that hold the toilet down. He likes to take those off and suck the nastyness off of them. Gag!!
  • Options
    along the same lines as the OP, DD ate a tick... a full-of-blood-tick that she found on the floor (it must have fallen off the cat).  when i realized what she had, she already bit it and there was blood on her face and in her mouth...most disgusting thing ever.  pedi laughed when i called and told her but i did but find it humorous at all. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"