North Carolina Babies

Great news!

Last fall DD1 tested positive for a peanut allergy. 2 weeks ago we had her annual follow up and both her skin test and blood work were NEGATIVE for a peanut allergy! Our next step is going back in to challenge the allergy. We go into the clinic (which is in Duke hospital) and they give DD small amounts of peanut butter over the course of an hour. If she can tolerate 2 tablespoons over the hour there is no allergy. The good news is she will be very closely monitored over the hour and we will be with a nurse who could administer an Epi pen if it got to that and we'd be at the hospital if things got really bad. This would be such a huge weight off of our shoulders.

(Also, my blood pressure is back to normal and I am off the meds to keep it down. Only thing is I still have my black eye... who knew they took so long to go away!)

Thanks so much for all of your thoughts and prayers... I really can't thank you all enough.

Re: Great news!

• That is great!  I know of an older child at my church that is in the allergy program there as well.  It's a pretty cool program from what I hear about it!  And that is great news too about your blood pressure, I'm glad that you are feeling better! 
  • Im so hapy that your blood pressure is better and that all you have left if the black eye!!! so many things for you to be thankful for this tiem of year!! I hope that everything goes well and lil Katie will be peanut allergy free so that you have one less thing to worry about all the time!! good luck and please keep us posted!!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • That is wonderful!  Hope the black eye goes away very soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's WONDERFUL!!  Sorry about the black eye :(

• Yay, I hope the peanut allergy is gone, that'd be huge! Hopefully the black eye goes away soon too!!
  • That is wonderful news all around! And I hope Katie passes the challenge with no problems :)
  • That's great news! I hope she passes and the allergy is gone for good!
    Catching up on sports news...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That's great to hear. I hope her allergy testing goes well, I'm sure that will be such a relief!
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • That is great news! When I was little, I was allergic to dairy, but outgrew it, so hopefully that is the case for K. I am so glad your BP is down too, wonderful news!
  • That really is great news, I am sure it will make life so much easier!  I am glad you are doing better as well.
    My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh that is awesome!!! I am glad you are doing better too.
  • That is wonderful news!!!  I know that is a scary allergy!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wonderful news for the both of you!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Great news indeed!!!  I hope the challenge goes well and you don't have to worry about this whole peanut thing anymore.  And also so glad to hear things are getting back to normal for you too healthwise.  Fingers crossed you don't have to deal with the peanut allergy issue anymore!
    Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • AWESOME news! I know you will be so relieved if she shows no allergy. Whoo-Hoo!
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• What awesome news!!!! Things are looking up Party!!!
  • Such great news - I am so excited for you guys!  I am keeping my fingers crossed for her peanut challenge! :)
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh my gosh, what wonderful news that would be! Fingers crossed that it goes well!

Also--great news about your BP!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Great news for both of you!
  • That is wonderful news!  What a relief you would have if DD wasn't allergic to peanuts! 

I'm glad your blood pressure is back to normal.  

Keep us updated on how everything goes!

• I keep hearing Rocky music or something in my head, rate: calling it a "peanut challenge".  K is a tough little cookie and she'll come through like a champ :)

So glad you are feeling better, too, dsspite that black eye!

Married - October 16, 2005
    Mama to William Nathaniel - October 7, 2006

And Natalie Frances - June 24, 2010
  • That's wonderful! My brother has a peanut allergy, so I know how tough it can be. I hope the tests come out negative!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"