Baby Names

Feedback needed!

We found out last week that we're having a girl. We hadn't even begun to narrow down our name choices until we knew the gender so we've just now started to narrow down our list of 100+ girl names. I have a few favorites but before I really start to push for them, I thought I'd like to get your opinions.

WDYT of the following? Please be honest. Do you like or dislike? Which is your favorite? Do you consider it popular/trendy? Any feedback is super appreciated. TIA!

Alice
Arden
Annika
Charlotte/Charlie
Imogene
Marlowe
Mathilda
Meredith

Re: Feedback needed!

• I LOVE Alice and Charlotte.  I'd pick Alice 1st though b/c Charlotte is getting very trendy.  I like Arden too.  The rest are NMS.
    BFP#1 - 08/30/09 - m/c - 10/2/09 7w4d
    BFP #2 - 11/4/09 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My Book Blog
  • Congrats on your girl! Girls are so much fun :)

Of your choices I like Annika and Meredith. I don't mind Mathilda but I like it without the 'h'-Matilda.

Imogene is my grandma's name-she'd be floored to know that her name is coming back in style!

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Loading the player...
  • I love Alice, it's really been growing on me a lot lately.

I'm also a big fan of Arden, Charlotte and Mat(h)ilda. I think I like it spelled Matilda better.

I can take or leave Annika and Meredith. 

Marlowe is completely NMS and I've never been a fan of Imogene. 

imageimage

• Alice NMS. Kind of old lady and I actually like "old lady" names (like Hazel :) but I am not a huge fan of this one

Arden - reminds me of Elizabeth Arden, not a huge fan
    Annika  - like it
    Charlotte/Charlie - really like it
    Imogene - I think it's okay, not my fav but definitely not bad
    Marlowe - this is just a little too last namey to me, especially with the spelling
    Mathilda - like it
    Meredith - really like it

• I like Alice, Meredith and Charlotte, but I'm not a fan of Charlie for a NN. I do like Matilda, but not with the "h". Alice is my favorite. The rest are NMS.
  • I love Alice, Charlotte, and Meredith.

Without knowing your last name, I would personally choose Meredith or Alice because Charlotte is becoming increasingly popular (if that matters to you).

Beautiful choices. Congratulations and good luck choosing a name! 

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I only like Annika and maybe Meredith. The rest are NMS.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't care for Marlowe, Mathilda is OK (makes me think of the Australian song Waltzing Matilda). I like all the others, especially Annika and Meredith since they are less common but not weird or out there.
    TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I love Meredith, Annika and Charlotte. 

I'm not a fan of Imogene or Arden.  My driver's ed teacher was a 60 year old man named Arden, so I have a hard time associating that with a little girl.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSarahL77:

I love Alice, Charlotte, and Meredith.

Without knowing your last name, I would personally choose Meredith or Alice because Charlotte is becoming increasingly popular (if that matters to you).

Beautiful choices. Congratulations and good luck choosing a name! 

This definitely does matter to me and I was kind of thinking the same thing about Charlotte...despite the fact that I adore the name and DH kind of has his heart set on it. :(

I just don't want her to have the same name as 4 other girls in her class.

• Mhild, if you LOVE it and DH has his heart set on it, I would use it. It's a beautiful, classic name.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I love love love Arden. I've loved that name forever, and then I married a guy with a last name that ends in "in". So all the first names ending in "in" "en" "yn" or "on" are out for us.
    image > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMhild:

We found out last week that we're having a girl. We hadn't even begun to narrow down our name choices until we knew the gender so we've just now started to narrow down our list of 100+ girl names. I have a few favorites but before I really start to push for them, I thought I'd like to get your opinions.

WDYT of the following? Please be honest. Do you like or dislike? Which is your favorite? Do you consider it popular/trendy? Any feedback is super appreciated. TIA!

Alice- ok
    Arden- cute
    Annika-love
    Charlotte/Charlie- very cute
    Imogene-no
    Marlowe-no
    Mathilda- nms
    Meredith- nms

• Arden is on our short list for girls, but it sounds terrible with the middle name we want to use, so we're on the fence. It's great to see someone else considering this name - I think it's beautiful!

I also love Marlowe and Mathilda. Mat(h)ilda makes me nervous about her forever being called "Mattie," though (I'd prefer Tilly). DH has suggested Meredith, and I like that one too. The others are cute, too, but definitely not favorites.

Yay! Good list!! :) 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Congratulations on your little girl! I love almost every name on that list. Your style is very similar to mine. My favorite is Meredith, with Alice as a close second. I also love Imogene and Matilda. I like Charlotte although it seems to be getting very popular lately. Marlowe is really the only one I don't care for.

• love Charlotte/Charlie
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMhild:

Alice  Solid, classic name.  Very nice! 
    Arden  I think of this as a boy's name because the only two people I know with this name are male (and historically it was a male name, albeit a relatively rare one).
    Annika  Nice
    Charlotte/Charlie  Charlotte is nice, but I don't like the NN Charlie
    Imogene  NMS
    Marlowe  NMS
    Mathilda  Cute, but I think it looks better spelled Matilda.
    Meredith  Nice

My favorite of this list is Alice!

• Alice -It's okay, but I do love the nn Allie. I'd probably go with Allison for a full name thoug

Arden - Not a fan

Annika - LOVE

Charlotte/Charlie - LOVE but afraid it's becoming trendy :-(

Imogene - Pretty but NMS

Marlowe - Not a fan

Mathilda - Cute and I like Mattie for a nn

Meredith - very pretty

Mr. & Mrs. B, Est. 10.23.2009
    m/c: 9/06/12
    LTB: 10/23/13
    Baby B 2.0 EDD: 3/15/16

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I really like Arden, it sounds very unique to me and pretty at the same time. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageMhild:

Alice - I really like this
    Arden - I might be in the minority, but I also like this a lot :)
    Annika - It's OK... but not my favorite
    Charlotte/Charlie - I see this name EVERYONE on the bump, but don't know any real Charlotte's that aren't my parents age. It's an OK name, but I wouldn't ever use it myself.
    Imogene - I don't like this at all
    Marlowe - It's cute, but I wouldn't use it.
    Mathilda - This reminds me of Michelle Williams's daughter. If you use this I prefer Matilda.
    Meredith - I love this name.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Alice- like it when I think of Alice in Wonderland, not so much when I think of Alice from the Brady Bunch... but I do like
    Arden- just ok
    Annika - don't love it
    Charlotte/Charlie- lovely
    Imogene- super fun and cute
    Marlowe- LOVE this, I think it's such a unique but classic sounding name
    Mathilda- very pretty
    Meredith- nice, somewhat common
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"