Indiana Babies
Options

Help me decide - Poll about car seats

We weren't planning on getting DS a convertible car seat until he needed it, but there are a lot of good Cyber Monday deals out there today.  So, I'm considering getting them now.  By getting them now on sale, I would feel better about buying 2 (one for each car) instead of just one.  My question is, should I go ahead and get them now or wait?

Here's some other info to help make a decision...

• We currently have a Chicco Keyfit 30.  It will fit him up to 30 pounds and 30 inches.  I would like to keep him in it as long as possible.  Even if he is too heavy to carry, I plan on keeping it in the car and using it as I would a convertible. 
  • At his 4 month appt last week, he was 12 lbs 10 oz and 23 3/4 in long.  So, as usual, I think he'll outgrow it by length before weight.  But, he still has a way to go and has been a slow grower due to his feeding issues.

Thanks for the help ladies!

[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help me decide - Poll about car seats

• Options
    Tell us what you are thinking about buying, we might be able to tell you if it is a good deal!
  • Options

I don't think the deals are any better or worse than usual, but I don't see a reason to wait. I don't think the technology will be THAT much better in a couple of months.

We're planning to get one perhaps today, too.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemanda429:
    Tell us what you are thinking about buying, we might be able to tell you if it is a good deal!

LOL, I'm not completely sure!  That's part of the problem.  I've always heard that Britax are great so that's what I was planning on getting.  But, I've also been hearing that there is a new Evenflo and The First Years that are just as good as Britax only cheaper.  If I decide to get them today, rest assured I'll probably end up posting another poll about which one I should get!  Embarrassed  So, any advice on what to get is appreciated too!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

FWIW, we have a Britax Marathon (shower gift) and are getting an Evenflo Triumph as our 2nd seat. I've heard great things about the Evenflo!

Also check out the Sunshine Kids Radian, though the newest one is just as $$$ as the Britax.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in the same dilemma.  I think we'll continue to see a lot of sales, so I think I'm going to wait. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"