Breastfeeding

day 1 - post dehydration pumping.

DD did some good nursing last night and this morning - it was soo good to hear her swallow again!  That stomache bug may have sapped my milk, but she is determined to bring it back!  I know I won't get my normal 6 ounces today, but my goal is 4 and I am on my way with 1 ounce already!!  Sweet!  I don't teach until 9:30, so I will try to get more soon.
Thank goodness water finally stay in me so I can start making milk again!!
Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

Re: day 1 - post dehydration pumping.

• Ugh, I had a bout of food poisoning a few weeks ago and it definitely messed me up as well.  Good luck!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageLotte134:
    Ugh, I had a bout of food poisoning a few weeks ago and it definitely messed me up as well.  Good luck!

did you recover?  how?  how fast?  I am on ounce #3 and pump #4 and my fingers are crossed!

Picture3-3.jpg

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• Loading the player...
  • imagebethCT:

imageLotte134:
    Ugh, I had a bout of food poisoning a few weeks ago and it definitely messed me up as well.  Good luck!

did you recover?  how?  how fast?  I am on ounce #3 and pump #4 and my fingers are crossed!

I'm pretty sure I did, but it's hard to say for sure. This happened when DS was about a week shy of his birthday so we were offering him whole milk and I was done pumping at work. It took about 3-4 days from when my diarrhea stopped before I felt like his swallowing was normal again. I definitely drank a ton of water - I was constantly thirsty for a few days so I know my body was working hard. Other than that I didn't do anything special - just ate and drank as much as I could.
  • thanks!  fingers crossed I am as lucky :)
    (as I drink more water :) )
    Picture3-3.jpg

• imagebethCT:
    thanks!  fingers crossed I am as lucky :)
    (as I drink more water :) )

Good luck - it is no fun, that's for sure!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"