1st Trimester

HINI Vaccine????

When I met with my doctor today he said that I should get the HINI vaccine right away - but I am a little nervous since it is so early in my pregnancy - I am 5 weeks and 4 days pregnant - has anyone else gotten it this early in pregnancy.  Does every pregnant women need to get one??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: HINI Vaccine????

• I got the regular flu vaccine, but not the H1N1 yet.  I don't know why, but I am having a harder time making myself get this one.  Normally I'd never get a flu shot.  I am torn about what to do.
  • I got mine at 5 wks 3 days.  They give the non-active strand (shot) to pregnant women.
  • Loading the player...
  • I got one at 9 weeks. I know others on here got them earlier in pg. It's a personal decision you have to make with your doctor.

Been a while since an H1N1 post. Big Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I got mine at 5w5d, and everything looked great at my u/s.  I was worried too because it was so early, but I had no side effects - my arm didn't even hurt!  And when the doctor saw the baby he said it looked healthy and all was going perfectly.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • You should get it.  H1N1 is more dangerous when you are pregnant. 
  • Just like with the flu shot, drs. are recommending the H1N1 for all pregnant women.  It seems that the H1N1 is especially dangerous for pregnant women (so is the flu for that matter) so most ob/gyns believe that the benefits far outweigh the risks.   

I personally I already got a regular flu shot (before I got preg) and plan on getting the H1N1 as well.   

In the end, it's your decision and you shouldn't feel pressured to do something that you aren't comfortable with.

• Oh yeah - and I got the unadjuvanted one as well!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I got mine extremely early, like 4.5 weeks.  We were at the shot clinic for our 17 month old and I didn't want to have to wait through that again, plus they weren't sure there was going to even be vaccine later on, so I just got it.  The CDC says it is safe and recommends it for any time during pregnancy.
  • I got the H1N1 at almost 11 weeks.  I was assured by my doctors that it was not only safe, but necessary.  I have since (not due to the shot) gotten a TERRIBLE cold that has lasted for weeks, and I am pretty sure if I didn't get that shot it could have been even worse than it was.
  • My mom will kill me if I don't get it. So I think it's pretty important.
  • My doctor said to wait until I am closer to 2 Trimester. He said it's best to let the baby get all major developments in place first.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I got the H1N1 as well as the seasonal flu vaccine at my first appt (8w6d).

It's a personal decision as to whether you get it or not.

• I got the H1N1 vaccine as soon as a could after getting my BFP.  It is safe for all stages of pregnancy.  In my community, H1N1 has been going around like crazy and I really didn't want to risk the complications that can come from getting it.  I was fearful that if I got the flu, it could affect the pregnancy, and that far outweighed any fear I had about the vaccine.  Just my two cents! 

• I am getting one today.  Pregnant women in my state have died from H1N1, so I am not taking chances.
    Daisypath Christmas tickers imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Missed miscarriage 12/26/11 at 12 weeks
  • I need to get mine. We found out we were pregnant last week, and the week before my coworker (Who I work with everyday, and he coughs right into my hair. OOOOOOO) had H1N1. By the grace of G-d I didn't get it.
  • I got it at 5 weeks... I work directly with 6 people who had H1N1 within the last month and a half so it?s really going around at my work and I?ve seen what it can do to young and perfectly healthy people. My boss is in 2 soccer leagues and very healthy and active and ended up so sick her white blood cells were scary low and she had to keep going in for vitamin IVs. Of course I have friends who were only really bad for a couple days and they were fine, so it totally depends.. but for me it just wasn?t worth the risk

Just make sure to get the mercury free one

• I got mine right before I ovulated...I was nervous but I'm high risk (asthma) and the doctor told me it wouldn't affect getting pregnant or the pregnancy.
  • I am not getting it. I am too fearful that it really hasn't been tested enough and that there hasn't been enough research with pregnant women. My doctor hasn't even mentioned it to me. I have been trying to do as much research on my own online as I can and here is one I found just today! Scary! I am just trying to be really careful about washing hands and who I come into contact with. I am also using a saline solution every now and then to rinse out my sinuses.

• I got mine around 9 weeks.  I think it's a personal decision so to make an informed decision I would do a little research on my own if I were you - I think the website is flu.gov - at least I think it is.  GL!
  • I got mine at 5 weeks.  I am also high risk since I have asthma, so I needed to get it.  My doc specifically told me NOT to wait until the 2nd trimester.  They said it is perfectly safe to get it in the 1st tri.  The sooner the better.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Dr. Mercola is a known quack.
    Daisypath Christmas tickers imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Missed miscarriage 12/26/11 at 12 weeks
  • I'm waiting. I asked a couple weeks ago here in a poll... you can see the results.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/26300387.aspx

I didn't get it because I figured I would at least wait until the thimerisol-free version was available to me. I think I might skip it all together at this point and just drink a lot of tea, get plenty of vitamin c and wash my hands all the time.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Here's another similar discussion from a couple weeks ago:

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/26357635.aspx

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I got the H1N1 shot when I was 7 weeks.  My Dr recommended it because H1N1 is worse in pregnant women.  I'm so glad I did because my housemate ended up being diagnosed with it last week.  We spent the night in the hotel and left for family the next day and my husband didn't get it.  But the peice of mind that me and my baby were protected was priceless.

• I got my seasonal when we were TTC and the H1N1 at 5 wks.
  • I got the seasonal and the H1N1 both at my 12 week appt. 

Two nurses came in and I got a shot in both arms at the same time...ouch.

I don't normally get flu shots...but this year I figured it couldn't hurt anything.

• I got the H1N1 at about 5.5 weeks along and have had no problems. I didn't want to take a chance of getting it and not being able to care for DS or even worse, ending up in the hospital. I heard they're calling for another surge in H1N1 cases after the holidays, so if you want to get it, I'd do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"