TTC after 35

UGH!! Frustration and Sadness

Well it's been a crazy couple days.  First of all I had my blood test early Friday morning like my RE office told me to and then...they didn't call with results!!  I called the office in the afternoon and got a message that they were closed Thursday and Friday...I was pretty ticked, but the message said they would be in the office on Saturday.

So...I got up early Saturday (couldn't sleep) and when I called, I got the answering machine and no one answered so I knew I'd have to wait until Monday...but I was still hoping.

Then I decided Sunday morning to take the HPT...it was negative!!  I cried and cried!!!  I hadn't started so I thought maybe it was wrong...how stupid!!  This afternoon, low and behold, the beginnings of AF.

My DH and I only have one more cycle to try...the RE said the likelihood of success after 3 IUIs at our age is very slight and his recommendation was only three cycles.  This is the THIRD!!  I'm so scared it won't work and I'll really be disappointed!!

According to the calendar (since I'm lucky for exact cycles) we would do the IUI on Dec. 12 and the 26th would be the end of the 2ww..that means just past my birthday on Dec. 23 and Christmas we would find out whether things worked or whether we get disappointed  again!!

Re: UGH!! Frustration and Sadness

• That is awful that they didn't call you back. That is frustrating...I would wait to see what they have to say Monday...

Hang in there...as one famous TTC+35, CathyMD says "ONWARD"...The third time could be the one!

"Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!
  • Sorry about the BFN.  Good luck with your final cycle. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry it didn't work out this time.  I understand your frustration and your fears.  I agree...Onward!  Three just might be your lucky number.  {{{hugs}}}
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Oh, no!  I'm so sorry for the BFN.  It is so frustrating and down right depressing sometimes!  Hang in there...I hope the next cycle is the one for you!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm sorry!  I hope the next cycle works.  {{{Hugs}}}
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so sorry. I can't believe they didn't call with the results, that makes me so mad. I really hope IUI #3 is the one.
  • I  am sorry, I had been thinking about you this weekend.  I hope the third one is the charm for you!
  • BFN's always suck.   I've had two failed IUI's with Clomid and 1 of them with a trigger.  My dr put me on inectibles starting this wee and said that since we are starting a new protocol that he would suggest 2 cycles.   After that, we're done as well.

I am nervous about it as well.

• I am so, so sorry for your BFN. It made me want to be close enough to cry with you. Believe me, we are in this together......AND we will be here for you to rejoice when you get your BFP.
    Three beautiful girls! DD#1 8-23-01 DD#2 4-25-07 DD#3 10-19-10
  • Sorry for your frustration and BFN. BFN's really stink. Good luck next cycle.
  • So sorry.  Best of luck with cycle #3!
  • Yorkie, I am so sorry!  This IF is such a roller coaster.  I know there is nothing anyone can say, but we are here for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"