Northern California Babies

help! dc wont sleep in big boy bed!!

we thought we could do the transition over the break, but nope - he wanted nothing to do with the bed. he refuses to sleep in it and wants to go in the crib. what should we do? did anyone else experience this? we thought he would be so excited to sleep in his big boy bed.

any advice? should we take the mattress out of the crib and tell him he cant sleep in it any longer? he has until around april until he absolutely has to be in the big boy bed due to baby #2 arriving, but we thought we would do the transition now since he is such a terrible sleeper.

help!!!

Re: help! dc wont sleep in big boy bed!!

• yeah we need to get a bed rail. i think that will help. he will be going straight from a crib to a toddler bed, we are keeping the crib for baby #2.

thanks for the advice! i am anticipating it will be very rough when it finally happens!

• Can you take the crib down so it's not an option anymore?  I know it's more work but if it's not there, he can't sleep in it.   I let Ryan sleep on the floor too - -- that helped him.  (If he wouldn't go in his bed....)
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • We broke down the crib and completely removed it from the room. Then we threw some pillows on the floor in case the kids crawled out of bed (which they did). It took a few tries but eventually, they took to them.

I think if the crib is still an option, then it gets in the way of the transition.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • yep, this is a completely new room too all decked out in sports stuff, which is his favorite!

i think maybe we should just get rid of the crib. it might be causing too many problems.

thanks ladies!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"