Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

weight gain during m/c?

Has anyone else experienced weight gain during their m/c?

Last Feb I m/c at 10 weeks.  I had maybe gained a pound or something from the pg.  By the time I got pg again in April I was about 10 lbs heavier.  With that one, I had a d&e and gained about 8 pounds from the morning of the d&e to that night and continued to gain weight continually each day. 

Then had a septum resection surgery in July and came home that day 12 lbs heavier than I went in.

Today I am m/c at 5 weeks and I haven't been bleeding too much.  It is starting to pick up a little, but I am feeling like my belly and my face/neck are swelling.  Got on the scale and I am 6 pounds heavier than lunch time.

This is scaring me.  I am going to be a house if I keep getting pg and losing it.  I have already gained 20 lbs from my first loss and I watch what I eat and exercise.  Anyone else experience this?

Re: weight gain during m/c?

• Options

I had the same issue. After my 2nd m/c, I started WW and lost about 45 lbs...then I got PG again(but not TTC). It was a huge shock and I gained 15 lbs back....but I have now lost it all. I've lost 70 lbs in total. I really love WW because it gave me something to focus on....GL

I am so sorry for your loss. It's like insult to injuiry...

• Options

I was about 10.5W when I learned of our missed m/c.  I had not gained any weight yet, likely because of my m/s.  Since then and the D&C, I have gained about 3 pounds. 

I didn't work out when I was pg and am not sure if it's just that combined with the obvious not having m/s anymore.  I definitely am not liking my body right now.  I'm planning to get back to my workout routine and hope it goes away, because I was hoping to lose 5 pounds before I pg anyway and now it's up to 8.  Nothing like kicking you when you're down!

Missed m/c 11.09 | Missed m/c 3.10 | We miss you & love you so.
    ~ ~ ~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Formerly toddandjulie
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    After any surgerical procedure, it is not uncommon to retain water, which will cause you to gain weight.  It does sound unusual to keep the weight on if you are eating sensibly and exercising.  You might consider having your thyroid checked, but stress can also do crazy things to your body.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If you are gaining 6-8 lbs in a day's time that sounds like water retention. If this continues you need to see your MD. Have your blood pressure and your heart checked out. You need to find out why you are retaining so much fluid. Not trying to scare you, but I'm a nurse and this is sending up a red flag to me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"