Multiples

My RIBS hurt!!!

I mean....WHY??!  My ribcage hurts so flippin bad,  Sitting, standing and especially laying down.  Anyone else? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My RIBS hurt!!!

• Mine do, too.  Baby B has her head under my right rib cage and Baby A has started kicking me under my left.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • OUCH!
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel your pain!!! my ribs were so bad that that was actually what sent me on bedrest! I could barely sit so working at a desk all day became unbearable!

I did actually start seeing a chiropractor that specialized in children and pregant women.  It was soooooooooooo helpful! Right up until i got too big to drive mysef there and lay on the table which was about 33- 34 weeks.

good news is it goes away (hahaha when the babies are born) but bad news is then your back is killing you from constantl bending over a crib or bouncy seat and holding babies 

• it's 'cause you've got all those babies in there.  It'll go away in at least16 weeks : )
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I had alot of rib pain early on, around 14 weeks, and it is coming back now.  I used heat and ice on the area and did alot of stretches from my prentatal yoga and this all helped but its still so painful. Hang in there!
  • I have the same problem!  Mainly on my left side, which is annoying since I am trying to lie on my left side!  It usually goes away, but it's bad in the evening and when I first lie down in bed.  Sorry, I have no advice!  I was thinking of trying heat on it...
    7/2009 - Gonal-F cycle #2 with Ovidrel trigger and IUI #5 - BFP! Twin boys born at 38 weeks 3 days! 8 months later...spontaneous BFP! And twins again! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine hurt too.  One of my little girls is pushing on the right side of my ribs.  I can feel her head just below my rib cage.  Occasionally, I can feel her right behind the bottom part of my rib cage.  I have to stretch or move around to get her to adjust.  I've even tried to move her a little bit, but she's going to be getting too big for that soon.  So I sympathize, but have no advice. My sciatic nerve is killing me...
  • mine did to when i was pg on my left side. laying on my right side with my left arm over my head helped a little, but not much. i have no solution, just sympathy. :(
  • I feel your pain. For some reason both babies want to be on my right side and won't move. One of their heads is pushing up into my ribs. I keep trying to push him down, but he's so stubborn. 
  • Thanks everyone...even though there may be no solution it's good to know that I'm not alone!  I do know that this will all be worth it!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"