Working Moms

DD just moved to toddler room - what to do about holiday gifts?

I LOVED her teachers in the infant room and will do something nice for them all (there are 3 in there).  I don't really know the teachers in her new room and certainly don't feel compelled to (nor can I afford to) do as much for them.  I'm probably going to give the infant teachers a spa gift certificate or something similar.  What would you do for the 3 teachers in the new room?  Target giftcards?  Or maybe have lunch or breakfast brought in for them one day?  Is it tacky to give more to the infant teachers?  LOL, I just don't want them to "talk" and tell the new teachers that I got them something better. 

Re: DD just moved to toddler room - what to do about holiday gifts?

• we are transitioning next week to the next room. I am giving $75 to her teacher that she has had since February.  $25 to the teacher who watched her afternoons and December - February.  $25 to the new teacher when she starts next week.

You may not know the teachers in her new room, but you are buying goodwill with your gift.  Sorry, but it's true.  If you think kindly of them at the holidays, I am sure it will help build a good relationship.  If you need something outside the rules, your new teacher might be more inclined to work with you.

• i would give gifts to the teachers in the room your child just left - and then a big group gift for the new teachers.... food of some sort, etc.

gift cards for the other teachers are the best - as a former teacher myself- that is what i appreciated the most.

• Loading the player...
  • Funny.  I was just thinking about this too!  DD transitioned to the toddler room 2 weeks ago.  She has 3 caregivers in there.  Plus 2 caregivers in her old room (she was with them for 14 months) and then there are the 2 caregivers that usually watch her in the early morning.  I'm planning to give the new caregivers plus the morning people giftcards to either Target, Macys or Barnes and Noble.  Probably around $25-$50.  I'll give her old caregivers about $25 more than what I give the new people. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"