Breastfeeding
Options

Mastitis?

So my right boob hurts to touch but I can't really feel lumps. I now have all over body aches but no fever. I can't decide if I have mastitis or not. I plan on calling the ob tomorrow morning anyone else have any ideas if it could be anything else? Hopefully I'm not sick.

Re: Mastitis?

• Options

It is a clogged duct and the beginnings of mastitis.  I usually get the body aches before the fever comes.  Kellymom.com has a lot of good tips for clearing the clog.  Hot compresses and massage the tender spot - right before or while nursing if possible.  Cold compress will alleviate the tenderness.  You can also take tylenol or advil for the discomfort. 

• Options

Ditto PP.  If you start with the fever and a red, hot to touch area on the affected boob call your OB for a possible antibiotic script.  Don't mess around.

I got mastitis when DS was 15 months from a crack in my nipple.  I thought I was going to die I felt so horrible.  

Take care of yourself - hope you feel better.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Get to the Dr., girl! I had mastitis and it was worse than labor. :) Ok, maybe not that bad but it was ridiculously miserable and it sounds like you might be able to catch it before it gets worse....

someecards.com - I support Newt Gingrich's idea of colonizing the moon if it'll help me get away from Newt Gingrich.

My baby is two!!! Baby girl 9/17/09

My other baby is still a baby! Baby Boy 11-30-11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"