Alabama Babies

For those with older babies: POLL: How old was your DC when you...

Lower the crib?

Stop using the swing?

Stop using the exersaucer?

Stop using the infant carrier car seat?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

Re: For those with older babies: POLL: How old was your DC when you...

• We lowered the crib when Abby started pulling up, Sydney hasn't done that yet so hers is still up we had to stop using the swing early in for Sydney because she was over the weight limit hehe ;) we never had an excersaucer for either one if the girls, but we did use the walker until they could walk. Again, we had to stop using the infant carrier when Sydney was about 6 months because she was over the weight limit... Abby stayed in hers until she was closer to a year when we turned her around
  • Lower the crib? maybe around 9 months

Stop using the swing? about 10 months

Stop using the exersaucer? 12 months

Stop using the infant carrier car seat? 12 months

• Loading the player...
  • Lower the crib? 6 months old

Stop using the swing? hehe....I still use it (she's still under the weight limit...for now).  It's the only way I can get a shower in the morning if Mark isn't home.

Stop using the exersaucer?  still use it on occasion if I need to keep her in one place for a little bit......it doesn't last very long though. 

Stop using the infant carrier car seat? around 10 months....she started looking uncomfortable in it, plus the Britax we wanted was on sale, soooo.....

• Lower the crib?  6 months when he started sitting up/sitting himself up.

Stop using the swing? 5 months I think

Stop using the exersaucer?  Around 8 months.  Once Parker could crawl, he was uniterested in it.

Stop using the infant carrier car seat? 6 months old because he was getting too long for it.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Spinoff question if I may: can anyone comment on their convertible car seat? Pros/cons? We will be making this purchase in the next week or two, so I'm open to any suggestions. Tia:)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lower the crib? As soon as she started pulling up (around 7 months)

Stop using the swing? Honestly, she never really liked it.  It is still out, but we have never used it much.

Stop using the exersaucer? She has a jumperoo at my mom's house during the day.  She doesn't use it much now, unless my mom needs her to stay in one place for a little while.

Stop using the infant carrier car seat? Around 8-9 months old.  She started getting too long and uncomfortable looking (plus she could sit up very well in shopping carts, high chairs, etc.) 

As for the other question, we have the Britax Boulevard and love it!  We got ours from albeebaby.com.

Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We lowered her crib for the first time when she was about 11 months old.  She was starting to get herself into a sitting position then.  2 weeks ago, we lowered it all the way down.  (But Avery was really slow to pull up and get herself into a sitting position)

Swing - probably 6 months?  Avery was neutral about it - take it or leave it.  Once she could sit up on her own, she'd rather sit on the floor and play with toys than be in the swing

Exersaucer - about 8 months I guess?  We had a jumperoo that she liked better so we'd put her in that over the exersaucer

We're still using it the infant carrier.  Avery is barely over the 20 lb mark - she might even be less now that she was sick.  And ours goes up to 32" in height so she hasn't outgrown it yet.  She still likes it a lot and we don't have a convertible carseat - we have the Graco Nautilus and it's only front facing.  I'm just not ready to turn her around quite yet. 

• As far as the carseat goes--we have a Britax Marathon in each car and I love them!!

We bought it at albeebaby.com...They usually run the best deals on them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"