Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

AW: Crib & Cradle...

Back history: When my dad found out my mom was pregnant with me, he had built a crib that I used until I was about 2-3 years old (very large sturdy crib). Since then it was out in a shed and was in dire need of a makeover.

When I was 12 my father passed away so nobody really thought it would ever get refurnished to be used again. It's still really sturdy and beautiful handmade carvings are still prominent.

Fast forward: My mom and I had a discussion and thought I would just buy a new crib because the one my father built couldn't be taken apart and was really heavy, so it would be hard to move it the 3 1/2 hours away where I live. I was sad, of course, because I always wanted to use that crib for my child.

My mom called 2 days ago and said that my uncle (her brother--where the crib was being stored at currently *he's also a shop ec teacher and woodmaker*) had refinished the crib and also made it to where it can be easily assembled and disassembled, that way I could use if for when LO comes.

He also refinished a cradle that my great great uncle had made for all the first born children of my mom & her brothers and sisters had.

I can't wait to go down and pick them up when we move into our new home. Im so excited and happy to be using the crib that my father had made for me, it just seems like its going to bring him into our LO's life, since he won't be there physically. :) Just had to share.

Re: AW: Crib & Cradle...

• Options
    That is really awesome! I am so happy for you!!!!
    photo maymommy2014.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Aw, that's very sweet.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." - Jack Layton

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 12/26/11 ~ EDD 9/6/12 ~ MMC discovered on 1/27/12 @ 8w1d (measured 6w2d)

BFP #3 8/10/12 ~ EDD 4/23/13 ~ MMC discovered on 9/13/12 @ 8w2d (measured 6w6d)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yea! What a nice tribute to your father!
  • Options
    How wonderful! Enjoy them!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"