Breastfeeding
Options

Pumping after BFing

I am trying to build up my milk supply and was told to pump after every feeding. I find that if I pump right after I BF I get hardly any milk. But if I wait a half an hour or so I seem to get more. ~.5 oz to 1 oz form both breasts. I know it is not a lot but it beats nothing at all. I was wondering what the correct thing to do is, pump right after BFing or wait the half and hour or so?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Pumping after BFing

• Options
    I was just coming on here to post this, too - just got a pump today. Have been exclusively BFing and want to try it so DH can give him a bottle/let me get out of the house a bit.

What to Expect the First Year says to pump on each side for 5-10 minutes after BFing.

In my bag: Canon 60D, 50mm 1.4, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430exii Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My lactation consultant told me to pump 30 minutes after feeding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i usuallly pump right after feeding
    DS1 10/5/09 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My LC told me to pump about an hour after her morning feed.
  • Options
    I've been pumping for between 5 to 10 minutes immediately after each feeding (except in the middle of the night). I was told that would most simulate a "need" for more milk. My morning pumping session is always the best.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"