High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Best rest Mamas- How did you spend your Thanksgiving?

I know most of us are either on modified, strict, or severely strict bed rest. Just curious how everyone spent their Thanksgiving.  I stayed at home, and went to a quick dinner at Mimi's Cafe since our other plans got thrown out the window.

Am very thankful I am no in the hospital like I know so many are.  You're all in my thoughts and prayers.

Re: Best rest Mamas- How did you spend your Thanksgiving?

• Options

Today was my first full day easing off of bed rest.  I guess I'd view it as more of a modified day because I get tired so easily, so I spent most of the day on the couch, watching football and a few other TiVoed shows with DH.  DH did most of the cooking but I made some sauteed garlic green beans.  He had to handle all the clean up because I was too tired by that point.  My dr. said to try and do a little bit more every day to build up my strength.  I'm thinking of all you ladies - getting released from bed rest has really made me feel like a weight has been lifted and like there is a light at the end of the pregnancy tunnel.  I was on bed rest for 4 weeks and I have to say that once I got used to it and we got into a routine, maybe after the first week, it wasn't so bad.  It is strange adjusting to being much bigger than I was when I went on bed rest....makes me realize that I would probably be uncomfortable at this point anyway, bed rest or not.

• Options
    I went to my mothers who lives 5 minutes from me. I sat on the sofa and watched football with my feet up. All in all it was a good day.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I stayed at home and my IL's and one of my friend's family came over and cooked for me. It was nice. I had made earlier in the week some sugar free sweet potatoes and sugar free pumpkin custard that turned out really well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm on hospital bedrest.  My mom brought DD to come to see me for a couple of hours.  I just slept a lot after that.  And then DH and I had cafeteria thanksgiving dinner that was really salty.  We then watched a couple of movies together and called it a night. 

Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • Options

We went to DH's parents for breakfast, and my parents for dinner. I parked my butt on the couch and didn't really move from there. I wanted to get out of the house for a bit, and plus I LOVE my mom's Thanksgiving food. Smile

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

• Options
    My doctor let my go to my aunt's house for dinner, provided that I sat with my feet up the entire time and didn't get up but to go to the bathroom, just like at home. It was so nice to fell near human again. Getting out of the house was such a change, but getting to be around the ones I love most was the biggest blessing. Thoughts and prayers to all the mommas on bedrest, I hope no matter what your celebration was like you were each able to have a good day.
    DD 12/1/2009
    TTC#2 Since May 2012
    Dx PCOS February 2013 on Metformin 1500 mg
    Met with RE October 2013, we've got a plan!
    Surprise BFP on "break cycle" 10/12/13. EDD 6/17/14.
    MMC discovered 11/25/13 at 10 weeks. D&C 11/27/13.
    BFP 2/8/14 Beta#1: 176, Prog 18! Beta#2:335, Prog, 19.5!
    EDD 10/16/2014

• Options
    imageLisaK2b:

I'm on hospital bedrest.  My mom brought DD to come to see me for a couple of hours.  I just slept a lot after that.  And then DH and I had cafeteria thanksgiving dinner that was really salty.  We then watched a couple of movies together and called it a night. 

Talk about a Thanksgiving you'll remember!

• Options

Baby was very well behaved on Wednesday's ultrasound and Thursday's morning and noon NSTs, so my doc gave me a 5 hour day pass to spend Thanksgiving on the couch at my aunt's down the road- woohoo! 

This was my first time out of the hospital in 2 weeks and it was both wonderful and bizarre (walking out the door from the wheelchair literally felt like escaping from prison, haha).  Was able to eat real food, see lots of family, and breathe some fresh air.  Then headed back to the hospital and spent the rest of the evening watching TV movies with the hubby and passed out promptly... just walking to the car and back and hanging out with the family was enough to make me exhausted!

Hope that everyone else had wonderful Thanksgivings as well, whether at home, at family's, or in the hospital.

LisaK2b- I hear you on the salty food- before we were allowed to leave we ordered cafeteria lunch, and b/c staff was low for the day the only food they were serving from 11AM on was Thanksgiving food. Holy salty turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing.  Some day I'm sure you and your hubby will look back and laugh at how you spent that day, as you share your next Thanksgiving with your beautiful child.  Sending best wishes your way!

• Options
    I"m on modified, so was allowed to go to my Mom's for Thanksgiving.  DH stepped in and helped my Mom while I sat in a chair they set up for me in the kitchen.  It was a wonderful couple of days and I loved being around people agian.  Now I'm back home and so sore and tired! 
  • Options

I was sent home the day before Thanksgiving. It allowed DH and I to watch TV for the majority of the day. I took a shower (like a REAL shower) and it was fabulous, though it totally wore me out. I then ended up having contractions at 8pm and ended up right back in the hospital.

• Options
    H picked up one of those holiday boxes from safeway, popped it in the oven for 2 hours and viola! Full turkey dinner w/ all the fixin's. No work. Spent most of the day asleep, the new meds I'm on for nausea are making me super tired.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My Dad and my Dh spent the day at the hospital with me. We ate the hospital's Thanksgiving dinner which wasn't too bad. My Dad promised me a full turkey dinnner once I get out of here! I can't wait!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"