Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Where to get baby's ears pierced in McKinney/Frisco/Allen?

My Pedi said Claire's was fine but....really? Surprise

Any suggestions welcome - 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Where to get baby's ears pierced in McKinney/Frisco/Allen?

• Lot's of parents take their babies to Claire's to get their ears pierced.  They are just as clean and sanitary as anywhere else...they have to be, otherwise they can't do ear piercing.  I don't know of any other place that does ear piercing other than tattoo/piercing parlors.  GL.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I would trust a piercing/tattoo place over Claire's.  There is a girl on another board that says she used to work at Claire's and her ear piercing training consisted of "here is the piercing gun & here is some cardboard, go for it"!  Piercing/tattoo places do it all the time and on stranger places that ears. My pedi suggested it to me and it sounds good so when DD is just a little older that is where I will be taking her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • i wouldn't take my baby to Claire's - my 5 year old? yes - but my baby?  not so much!  i think the gun is much too harsh for a baby and too much room for error - but that's just my opinion Smile

we had Sydney's pierced at La Lobe in Dallas when she was about 4 months old - i was VERY pleased with the job they did and the service we received - the woman who does the piercing pierces with a needle and has been doing it for YEARS - she was very thorough in explaining all the ins and outs and the benefits of a needle vs. a gun - it was very quick and Sydney cried for less than a minute - her holes are perfectly aligned and we haven't had any issues at all - i highly recommend!

• imagelabellagirl:

i wouldn't take my baby to Claire's - my 5 year old? yes - but my baby?  not so much!  i think the gun is much too harsh for a baby and too much room for error - but that's just my opinion Smile

we had Sydney's pierced at La Lobe in Dallas when she was about 4 months old - i was VERY pleased with the job they did and the service we received - the woman who does the piercing pierces with a needle and has been doing it for YEARS - she was very thorough in explaining all the ins and outs and the benefits of a needle vs. a gun - it was very quick and Sydney cried for less than a minute - her holes are perfectly aligned and we haven't had any issues at all - i highly recommend!

I highly recommend La Lobe too, DD had them done at 6 months

• Just wanted to add my recommendation for La Lobe in Dallas.  I haven't had my DD's ears pierced, but this is where my mom took me to have mine done when I was 10 (almost twenty years ago!).  This tells you how long they have been there.  

I have several friends that have gone to La Lobe to have their piercings fixed from botched jobs at other (like Claire's!) places.

I would totally trust them with my DD's ears.  Worth the drive from McKinney! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"