D.C. Area Babies
Options

A quick tip to make discharge from the hospital faster

Practice with your carseat before its time to go home! I've had multiple families the past 2 weeks that didn't know how to use their car seats when it was time to go home, and it took at least 30 mins to figure out how to adjust the harness, how to get baby in the seat, etc,  etc...then there was getting the carseat on the base properly...whew. so i just want to remind everyone, if you have time (i realize not everyone has enough time between car seat acquisition and baby coming!), read the manual and practice with a stuffed animal or something! Smile  not meant to be mean in anyway by the way...

Re: A quick tip to make discharge from the hospital faster

• Options

I am glad your hospital checks because at Sibley- we put her in the seat and asked the nurse if everything looked right and she looked at us like we were crazy and said, "I don't know how these things work."

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    When we got our carseat inspected, they showed us how to do it and then made us do it ourselves with a doll so we'd be prepared. This was in MoCo.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Very good suggestion. I was one of those fools who had no idea what I was doing with the car seat. I didn't feel like figuring it out when I was exhausted and pregnant, but I REALLY didn't feel like it when I was exhausted after childbirth.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Great suggestion! 

With DD #1 we'd had the installed carseat checked by the police station, but hadn't practiced actually putting anything IN the carseat.  So there we were, car pulled up in front of the hospital on a cold day in February, I'm in the wheelchair with the baby, and DH is cursing and grumbling trying to get the car seat straps to cooperate.

So yeah, we were those dorks who hadn't actually tried putting anything in the carseat.  Embarrassed

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options
    I was 100% happy with everything at Fair Oaks but I was really surprised when they didn't even check to see our car seat (not to mention, if we used it correctly).  I carried DD out in the wheelchair.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"