Adoption
Options

so lost with a christmas gift

I am really lost on what to get birth mom for Christmas. I was thinking an ornament with baby's footprints on it, but I don't know. What if she wants to move on with her life. What do you get someone who gave you the best gift you can ever have.

Re: so lost with a christmas gift

• Options
    How about a gift certificate to somewhere she can pamper herself? Maybe for a pedicure, manicure, or massage? 
  • Options

I love the idea of the spa/manicure gift certificate.  So far we have a handprint ornament, a heart necklace, and a mini photo album that we'll fill with pictures (December is our month to send pictures per our openness agreement...I'm going to put them in a pretty red album.)  I don't know if we'll add anything else. 

If you like to send photos, what abut a photo book from Snapfish?  I guess it depends on the situation and if you are sending photos back and forth...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    As a BM, I would have loved to have gotten a Christmas ornament with K's footprints on it. While I did want to move on, that is a sentimental gift I would cherish forever. Besides, she does not have to put it on the tree, she could just put it in a box and never see it. I think that an ornament would be very nice.
  • Options
    ok I think I will do the ornament idea. Thank you!
  • Options

We are going to a paint your own pottery place and I am making an ornament with Shelby's handprint/footprint on it and the date. I hope to do this each year. This will be S's Christmas present. S's bday is also in Dec so we will send her a gift for that too....and she is also graduating from high school in Dec so we will send her something for that also.

Hope she doesn't know about this board..   :) it won't be a surprise!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"