Adoption

another profile question - how many pages & what?

We are working on putting together our profile and are wondering how many pages it should be.  I thought I saw somewhere that there should be around 8 pages???  What did you put on each page?  We have a cover, a birthmother letter, a family page, a travel page, and a page about our home.  What am I missing?  Did you have tons of photos on each page, or all writing and no photos?  I know that is a lot of questions - sorry and thanks!

Re: another profile question - how many pages & what?

• here is what on each page some of he writing was a full pages others were just short little paragraghs. Our agency loved it. but every agency is different as to what they wnat

I put 1 or 2 pictures on each page then included a few collage  pages

whats on each page.

intro paragragh with a large pictures of us

Courtship & Marriage & current life  2 pages

1 page just pictures

Me  2 pages

1 page of just pictures

my husband 2 pages

1 pages just pics

home and pets

religion and openess

closeing

I hope this helps

Proud Momma of our daughter Charlie! She found her forever home August 2010 Hope to be the proud momma of #2 in July
  • Ours is 40!!  But it is a snapfish book so you can't put much info on each page.  Our agency said to do it as personal as we could (others had done scrapbooks, but I'm not that crafty!) and to include a lot.

Our profile from the last agency we used it was like 10 pages.

Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • we used a a scrape book computer program to put it together
    Proud Momma of our daughter Charlie! She found her forever home August 2010 Hope to be the proud momma of #2 in July
  • I would see what your agency usually does. Each one seems to be a bit different. We do a profile video, so our profile "book" is only 2 pages. We have a short letter to the e-mom, and descriptions of us on one page, and the other page is all pictures with captions.
  • see what your agency likes them to be.

Ours didn't want "scrapbooks" they wanted them to be more like a newsletter/brochure. We had 8 pages front and back. Two pages that were mostly pics but then even on the pages that had writing we would put 2-3 pics on it. One cover page with pic and then the back of the last page had a huge pic too.

• Mine is similar to what Lisa described, a brochure, or what I like to call it, which is most definately an un-PC name, "parent propaganda".  Anyway - ours was 8 pages:

Cover - large picture of the two of us with our first names and a basic intro - just a couple sentences.

Page 2 & 3 - "About Us" - a picture of our house, a few of us (6 total pictures) - and some verbiage describing us, our neighborhood, how we met, what we do for a living, why we are adopting, etc.  No big blocks of text.  Everything was broken up by the pictures.

Page 4 & 5 - Basically a giant spread of pictures of the two of us with a small paragraph about what we like to do together.

Page 6 & 7 - "Friends & Family" - This was about 16 pictures total, each with a blurb describing the people in the picture and who they are to us.  We also included our pets here.

Back cover - Another big picture of us plus some little factoids about us and a closing paragraph with the adoption agency info.

We went heavy with the pictures and less with verbiage.  To me all the profiles sound alike and from samples I saw - visually, the ones with tiny pictures and huge blocks of text to me were too difficult to get thru.  I personally liked the samples that were "cleaner", with more negative space and smaller sections of text, bigger pictures.  But that was just me.  A lot of the samples I saw were only 4 pages, which would have been much cheaper to print (no binding), but would have forced us to use heavy blocks of text and less and smaller sized pictures.  Granted, I don't know how successful it will be yet, since we just sent the printed brochures off to the agency, but I guess time will tell!

Good luck with your profile!

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Thanks everyone!  I will give my agency a call next week to check and see what they like.  I do like the idea of doing mostly photos, so hopefully that will work with what the agency wants. 
  • our agency let us see some of the others they had as examples of what they were looking for also our agency want to see a rough draft before we had the final ones printed to give their approval.  hope this helps ask them if you can see some of the others they have i dont know if they showed us current ones or old ones that were no longer needed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"