Preemies
Options

sttn?

so ds was doing really well getting up only 1 or 2 times a night. then he started teething and started waking up 3-4 times a night which was annoying but still doable. Well the last 3 night he has gotten up 45 mins to 1 hour! I am so exhausted and i have no idea what to do. I pretty much have to nurse him back to sleep now (which he never did before) so dh can only help so much. His teeth finally popped out a couple of days ago and I was thinking he would start sleeping better but that is not the case. Nothing else has changed. He still eats the same during the day, has the same nap routine, and is not acting at all sick, and doesn't have a fever. So how do I get him to start sleeping better and stop having to be nursed back to sleep? TIA
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: sttn?

• Options
    We got a stern pep talk from the Pedi after DD was 6 mo. old adjusted.  The Pedi said that at 6 mo., she was practicing a learned behavior (crying = Mom and a snack).  The Pedi told us to try letting her cry, and then see if she could catch up on the snacking during the day.  She only cried the first night for a long time, and it was a tired (not hysterical) cry.  In short, we are now at 12 hrs. per night + naps during the day.  I don't know if this will work for everyone, but it has saved my mental health now that I can STTN myself!  GL!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    ds is just 6 months adjusted so maybe this is what we need to try. but usually his cry is pretty hysterical and not as much his tired cry. :( Don't know what to do maybe we'll just have to let him cry tonight. Atleast dh is off work tomorrow so I won't be on my own all day again.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you tried giving some Motrin before putting him down at night?
    image Alcoholism is not determined by how much you drink or how often, but by negative consequences in your life that do not alter your drinking habits.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"