Snarky and T-TTC

Did anyone shop today?

I didn't go out, though I kind of want to.  I shopped online at Kohl's early this moring to get some good deals.  Got the man some jeans for $17.99 and myself a top I wanted for $13.  I might go out when H gets home from work around 1:30.  I need to go to Hallmark to get some cards and I might brave toys r us.  We shall see.

Re: Did anyone shop today?

• I will admit that I was considering going to the Gymboree Outlet down the street that opened at midnight (!!!) but then I caught a cold which rendered me useless.  I'll wait for Cyber Monday!

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I was also tempted to go a few places that opened at midnight, but I decided against it.  I was still up at 11:50 last night, but I was just too tired.
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't even deal with crowds on a regular shopping day, so I imagine I wouldn't fare well on Black Friday.  ;)

I am halfway considering a trip to BRU later if I feel better.  Not sure how nutso that place would be today, though.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Hmmm, not sure how busy that might be.  I want to go to toys r us b/c they ahve a coupon for $10 off if you buy diapers and wipes.  Basically it's like getting the case of wipes free.  And they have our baby food buy 1 case get 1 free.
  • nope, had to work. although i don't think i would have gone any way, I hate crowds! good idea about kohls online though, i'm off to shop there

• I had no desire to brave the crowds!  I will most likely do some online shopping before the weekend is over.
    TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
    IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
    ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
    TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
    ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
    First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
    TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I didn't.  No way in hell.

the man has been upstairs online shopping.   He bought a new stand for our TV that has a cabinet beneath for his 7 DVR's that closes - so once the baby starts crawling all the things aren't still out in the open all stacked with all the cords within reach.   (good DH)

He's also been researching the hell out of CalKing size beds online.   He wants me to go shopping with him tomorrow for one.   He's really eyeing platform beds - so we don't have to deal with trying to get boxspring upstairs.  Anyone have any experience with a platform bed?

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Oh, but I did shop on Wednesday.  Got 75% off the panda line at Gymboree.   4 mix/match pieces for the babe.
    TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I used to have a platform bed from Ikea which I loved. I didn't notice any difference btw not having the box spring and having the box spring. However when DH and I moved in together we got rid of it b/c he didn't like sleeping that low to the ground. He felt like it made his allergies worse. food for thought.

We did walmart, sams club, best buy and Kohl's, but it was afternoon so the crowds and the deals were gone.

2.5 yrs TTC #1 - DX = Stage IV Endo, Lap performed Jan 2010
    TTC #1 - May 2010 - IUI #3: BFP 
    TTC #2 - May 2012 -IUI #2: BFP
    TTC #3 - Jan 2013 -Surprise BFP!
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • DH dragged me to Best Buy. Nuff said.

And we came thisclose to getting another cat at PetSmart.

• We went to bru and it was almost empty. I couldn't believe it.

• Nope.  I haven't made it out of pj's today.
  • imageLTF525:

I used to have a platform bed from Ikea which I loved. I didn't notice any difference btw not having the box spring and having the box spring. However when DH and I moved in together we got rid of it b/c he didn't like sleeping that low to the ground. He felt like it made his allergies worse. food for thought.

We did walmart, sams club, best buy and Kohl's, but it was afternoon so the crowds and the deals were gone.

I have an IKEA platform bed. (The malm) Our mattress is very deep and a double pillow top so even though it rests on the floor it's still pretty high.

• imageDr.Loretta:

And we came thisclose to getting another cat at PetSmart.

awwwwww.  go get it

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
  • Nope.  This is the first year I haven't went out shopping on Black Friday. I stayed home and put up Christmas decorations instead. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • all i wanted was a humidifier and i made it to the store by about 10am.  already gone. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • OK, this is from a Canadian who experienced her first black Friday ever... what a disappointment! I went out, and I don't know if it was the mall (small one in AZ) or if we didn't go out early enough, or if we didn't buy the right stuff (ie, electronics) but I don't feel like I got a great deal on ANYTHING. Well, except for a winter coat that I got at ON. Saved $60.

What's the deal? Someone died last year at a Walmart for Black Friday? I don't get it...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"