High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Thanksgiving dinner with GD Success!

I just tested my sugars after eating Thanksgiving dinner and they're 113!

I even let myself have some mashed potatoes, stuffing and a small piece of pie! Hooray!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket

Re: Thanksgiving dinner with GD Success!

• Options

Yeah!!! Me too, I got to have a little of everything I liked and my number was 89. So I even got to have some pie for my snack.

• Options
    I wish I was as successful as you guys. My number was 150 after a hour after eating. Oh well! The stuffing was so good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageladybug03:
    I wish I was as successful as you guys. My number was 150 after a hour after eating. Oh well! The stuffing was so good.

I'm with you. 148 after eatting. But mine has been high all day. But had another piece of pie. Once today is over its back to GD diet.

image www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • Options
    I was exactly 120, so I'll take it.  I had a little stuffing and a small amount of sweet potatoes with my turkey and asparagus.  No pie for me, but I did have an ice cream sandwich before bed.  Yum!
  • Options
    I did well also! I had a very small scoop of a few fave sides and lots of turkey.  I even made pumpkin pie as my snack and wound up at 100 - 2 hours after eating.  Slightly higher than the 90 that my endocrinologist would like but he won't even blink at 100.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I got a 121... and that was with small scoops of just about every side, although I did make sure I took TONS of turkey and broccoli.  The other sides (the higher carb choices- stuffing, sweet potato pie, etc) were yummy too, but I made sure I only had a few bites of those.  I was thrilled!

BTW my biggest worry was not being able to have cranberry sauce - my absolute FAVORITE!!!! - so I made my own with fresh cranberries, water and Splenda.  OMG was it good!!!  DH even preferred mine to the canned stuff that he normally eats.  In any case, I have a feeling I shall be making homemade cranberry sauce every year now!

I did make these low carb pumpkin oatmeal muffins that were pretty good although there was a fiasco with them sticking to the liners lolol- which is why I totally do not bake!) so I ate one of those, and then took small bites of some of the other desserts. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I did not fare so well.  After I ate, I had to go lay down because I felt so sick.  Between the food that I hadn't eaten in so long and DS kicking my stomach all around, I was not feeling well at all.

My diabetic cheesecake was a complete waste!  It was gross.  Beyond gross.  I probably overdid it because after eating a few bites of it, I broke down and had some real pie.

Oh well . . . one day isn't going to hurt us.  I was back on track with breakfast the next day.  My fasting that morning was right on target.

• Options
    image*wicket*:

I did not fare so well.  After I ate, I had to go lay down because I felt so sick.  Between the food that I hadn't eaten in so long and DS kicking my stomach all around, I was not feeling well at all.

My diabetic cheesecake was a complete waste!  It was gross.  Beyond gross.  I probably overdid it because after eating a few bites of it, I broke down and had some real pie.

Oh well . . . one day isn't going to hurt us.  I was back on track with breakfast the next day.  My fasting that morning was right on target.

Oh! Wicket, I'm sorry yours wasn't as successful.  I know you have such a rough time of it and your doctor has you on such a strict diet.  That so sucks that your cheesecake was gross!

Keep your chin up girl! Glad that your fasting is back on target!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"