Working Moms
Options

SCHOOL DURING MAT LEAVE?

HEY LADIES! (I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO NOT WRITE IN CAPS AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH KEYBOARD, SORRY!) I AM ONLY 10 WEEKS ALONG AND AM CONSIDERING GOING TO SCHOOL DURING MY MAT LEAVE, THE BABY WILL BE ABOUT 3 MONTHS OLD. HAS ANYONE DONE OR IS THINKING OF DOING THIS?

Re: SCHOOL DURING MAT LEAVE?

• Options
    If you're not starting school until baby is three months old, that should be fine.  Are you somewhere like Canada with an extended leave?
  • Options
    yah we have a year so I thought it would be a good time to do it, I am just scared of the guilt!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, most women in the US have less than three months of maternity leave so I wouldn't feel too guilty about going to school (which will be less time away from baby than a full time job, especially if you can do studying at night after baby is in bed).  If you will enjoy school and it will improve your career and your family's life in the long-run, I wouldn't get caught up in guilt.
  • Options

Congrats!

I work full time, have 2 kids, AND am going to school for a masters... all at the same time.  We're thinking about TTC#3.. the question is should I be PG WHILE in school, then have the kid after graduation (May 2011), or should I be PG in school and have baby #3 prior to graduation..  or wait to get PG and have the baby after graduation. 

For me, I know I can do it.  I know I can handle a full time, executive level career, and 2 kids.  Why not add a PG to the mix... I'm sure you can do it too!  Go with your gut.  If your instincts tell you that you can handle it and be sucessful and not too frazzled... go for it!

• Options
    I took off the semester from school during my leave.  It was well worth it to not have to worry about homework (or going to class) when I had a newborn.  Adding school to the mix would've been really stressful for me.  Some of my friends have continued school during leave & got through it so it is possible.   
    imageimageimageBabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"