Two Under 2

Those who have a Phil and Ted Stroller

Which model do you have?

How old are your LO's?  How do they sit in the stroller?

Anything you don't like about it?

I fell in love with it today at the store!  My main concern is that I'm worried my 18 month old won't be in a stroller that much longer (he loves to walk and run).  I want to be sure that it's worth the money!

Re: Those who have a Phil and Ted Stroller

• I just got the Sport.  A lot of people on here love the P&T.  I do believe the design is ingenius.  It's handy to get around because it's so compact, and flexible in terms of it can be a double or single depending on who's coming along with you, which is great.  However.... I'm really not impressed with the quality for the money.  I used the BOB revolution with my first DD, which is in the same price range, and it is in a different league than the P&T.  I find the P&T pretty hard to maneuver (which might just be b/c two kids in it!), the ride/suspension is pretty poor, the brake is a PITA to engage/disengage, and I've already had to replace a tire with only 4 weeks of use.  I just expect more for a stroller with that price tag.  But, again, the design is great.  I use the newborn bassinet for DD2 and DD1, who's 2, sits up top for now.  I also was worried she wouldn't want to ride at this age, but there are times where I need her to or she wants to, so it's great to have this option. 

Overall, it really depends on your needs and how you plan to use the stroller.  If I had a large garage to store it and planned to use just for walks around the neighborhood, I'd definitely go with the Bob or similar, but the P&T is a good option for me now.  HTH!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have the Sport.  DS is 20 months and DD is 4 months

I really love it and we use it almost every day.  The only thing that bothers me about it is how flimsy the canopy is. 

When DD was a newborn we used the bassinett configuration and about a month ago switched to the jump seat.  Both kids were fine.  DS loves to run around too, but when you are out with 2U2 there are times when I NEED him to be strapped in whether he likes it or not

THe only other stroller we considered was the Uppa Baby Vista.  A side by side was not an option.  My H works at an aquarium and sees strollers all day long and flat out refused to consider a SBS

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Loading the player...
  • DSs are 20mo and almost 2mo. We currently use it with the carseat in front and my toddler in the jump. It's not recommended b/c it's heavier in the back but I haven't had any issues with it. I wouldn't leave them unattended like that though.

I love that it can be a double or a single. I got mine for my first, knowing we wanted more kids, so we had already gotten tons of use out of it as a single. Otherwise, if were on the brink of 2 kids and looking for a double, I probably would have gone with the BOB just because I do like a side by side for the simple fact that they can get out independent of the other. If my toddler is riding in front, he's not going to be able to get out without me having to put the baby in the front so it doesn't tip, kwim?

PP mentioned the brake being a PITA- I know it's designed like that so the rider in the jump seat can't put it on or off.

• I have the Classic, and absolutely love it.  Right now, the new baby (9 weeks) lies down in the bassinet configuration, with my daughter (22 months) in the seat above.  It's easy to get them both in and out, so if we're somewhere where my daughter can walk, it's a piece of cake.  I also walk 3-4 miles a day, and it is a very smooth ride.  I got mine for a steal on Craigslist, but if I had known how much I would love it, I would have happily paid full price for one much earlier!  (PSA - if you do locate one on CL, don't hesitate to contact the seller.  They go super fast.  I totally lucked out being the first person to contact the person I bought it from - and she had more than 20 responses in the first hour it was posted.)
  • Mine are 18m apart. At first I used it with the carseat, then the bassinet and jump seat. Now in the classic way with the jumpseat.

My 2.5 year old still loves riding and the baby who is almost a year loves the jumpseat. 

We have the Sport. 

There isn't anything I don't like about it. I got the saddle bags and no longer carry a diaper bag.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"