North Carolina Babies

Black Friday Scores

I didn't get out today, but I'm curious who went out, and what you got!

Re: Black Friday Scores

• We bought a new washing machine -- woo hoo, LOL!  Ours still works but it doesn't spin all the water out so we'd been wanting another one. ;)

The only other place we went was Target, and our purchase there cost $3.23.  Then we went to lunch and came home. :)

Not very glamourous!!!

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Well Thanksgiving Morning I got Jack the lil tykes kitchen at big lots for 39 dollars....But this morning I got some video games and ps3 controller for my stepson and picked a few up for my mom for my brothers...I got some almost matching jammies for the boys at walmart for $3 each...Guitar Hero (older version) for my stepson with guitar for $16 dollars for ps2. I also got some boots and cute dresses with wear with leggints ( 3 shirts/sweaters and boots for less then 50 dollars--I did part of my mom and Dh's shopping for me :)  we also do secret santa with my sibligns and my helped my lil bro get dh's gift...(got the new star trek dvd, season 4 the office and pj pants all for a lil less then $35!!)I feel like i got a few others things but i got most of my shopping done.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I got a wooden play kitchen (very boyish - blue & "stainless") at TJ Maxx for $50!!! Everywhere else I've looked has been at least $125, if not more so I was really excited!

I also did quite a bit of shopping for myself since most of my presents for everyone else is already underway. My two favorite things were from Jo-Ann's: a sewing table for the soon-to-be-finished basement (originally $169.99, bought on sale w/ coupon for $64) and a LOT of felt (I have a ton of projects that I've been waiting to make, but waiting for felt to go on sale) - usually $4.99/yd, bought on sale w/ coupon for $1.40/yd. I bought a yard in every color! :)

• I've never really done the early morning black Friday thing b/c I'm not a morning person.  My Dad and I rode out to the Toys R Us in W-S last night about 11:30.  O.k. the line was insane.  If you are familiar with the shopping center, the line stretched along the sidewalk of the whole shopping center almost to the other end where Mens Warehouse is.  I'm sure there was over a thousand people in line b/c most people were standing a few side by side.  There was NOTHING that great of a deal that I was looking for.

The girls and I went to BRU around noon today and I got two of the FP medical kits for $5.99 (originally $11.99), a Dora flip out couch that was half off for $22 and I got some Earths Best baby food to save for next year for Caylee BOGO free.  We went in Kohls but the line was too long in there too.  I'd have to want something pretty bad to stand in the lines for hours.  It's CRAZY!  Guess everybody is pinching pennies and looking for deals!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• We got a nice Samsung LED tv - it was $1k off!... DH is already drooling and it's not even up yet ... lol.
  • imageWendyNC:

I've never really done the early morning black Friday thing b/c I'm not a morning person.  My Dad and I rode out to the Toys R Us in W-S last night about 11:30.  O.k. the line was insane.  If you are familiar with the shopping center, the line stretched along the sidewalk of the whole shopping center almost to the other end where Mens Warehouse is.  I'm sure there was over a thousand people in line b/c most people were standing a few side by side.  There was NOTHING that great of a deal that I was looking for.

I cant belive this! Crazy!!!! I was there this morning and so glad i waited bc they were restocking shelves and there were no lines. I used the jewlery counter at Kohls, I needed a chain anyway so that worked out! I was not looking forward to those lines.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow, that's crazy!  I had no idea the line was that long at TRU, though I'd rather do it at midnight than 4am or so!

We went to Home Depot and Target so we drove past and parked not far from Kohl's...the line must have been inside since by that point (noon) I didn't see anything other than the signs on the doors telling people what time they'd open.  Given what you're saying, I'm glad I didn't try to go in!

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"