Single Parents

Baby Book (Single Mom)

This weekend I went out and bought a baby book for Sophie. I thought it was adorable and bought it straight away. I got home and started looking at the lines to fill out. Like Daddy's first reaction to the pregnancy. Ugh. I can't exactly put "He sent mommy info on the abortion pill." I'm just not even sure that he'll choose to be involved after she's born and I don't want her to feel like she was unwanted.

So I returned the book and started looking for single parent baby books. There don't seem to be any I can find for around $20. They all seem to be at least $40 - sometimes $100! I'm so bummed.

I've thought about going back to get the other book & just ripping out the pages that mention "daddy", but those pages have other things on them that I'd like to keep. I suppose I could make one, but I'm sure I would just end up spending more than $20 anyway.

Any ideas? Or does anyone know of any other non-conventional baby books? Stupid hormones are probably making this a bigger deal that it should be. Crying or Very sad

Visit me on Etsy!

Custom inexpensive paintings for your sweet baby's nursery or home!

Re: Baby Book (Single Mom)

• I would keep the regular book and just leave it blank where the Daddy is concerned. She will appreciate it with or without his information.
  • I ran across the same problem.. I don't feel like putting well I told Daddy I'm pregnant and he grabbed a beer and ran outside to hide.  So I am just making my own scrapbook.  It is more than the $20 but I'm going to use it for her first year or so.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a scrapbook which I prefer to a baby book anyway.  I have pics of my preg test, all her ultrasounds, belly pics, reactions, thoughts, milestones, DVDs of 4D ultrasounds.  I wish I would have kept on it after she was born but there was no time!!
  • I would buy a really pretty journal... and then periodically (every doctors appt? or every Friday or something like that) and write it in that way.  Then she can have a journal of your thoughts/feelings and you can specify what you want in it :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah - I guess I'll just have to make my own. I just can't believe that there aren't more out there. Especially since it's 2009 and famillies are all so different now.

Visit me on Etsy!

Custom inexpensive paintings for your sweet baby's nursery or home!

• You could leave the daddy pages blank or fill them up with pictures. Thats what i did. I mean there were a few spots where i filled in the info on her father but i covered the rest of the stuff.. reactions, how he felt and his thoughts... ect.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Amazon has a few nice ones, it just depends on your price range.

Baby of Mine is a very nice one and is under $20.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/081184644X/ref=s9_simz_gw_s0_p14_t2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1TXH0ENJMYBCDNHHVY86&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Another option is "And then there was me" but it's about $45.

• SAME hun! I got a maternity book for my little monster & it's so annoying all the daddy parts.  Even my pregnancy calendar has daddy stuff on it! Maybe it's MY hormones too but I hate it.  I'm a single mommy by choice for now & I don't regret it at all, I wish other companies would realize not every family is the perfect 'wife-husband-baby' combo.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"