Stay at Home Moms

Is LO your alarm clock?

DD normally wakes up around 8:30.  At least I think she does, because she normally plays quietly in her crib and sometimes doesn't wake me up until after 9!  Do you set your alarm so you're up and more awake before LO wakes up or do you just let them wake you up?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Is LO your alarm clock?

• WOW, I'd love to have my guy sleep until 8:30!  I wake up naturally around 5 or 5:30... sometimes Jude does, too, but usually he'll snuggle in bed with DH until 6 or 6:30 so I can make breakfast and coffee.
  • yeah- you are pretty darn lucky.

I am up at 6am every day.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Eva is my alarm clock.  She usually wakes between 7 and 7:30.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I wake up to DH's alarm clock, and I get up to make him breakfast and lunch before he leaves for work.  Then I jump in the shower before LO wakes up.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS actually spilled a glass of water on my nightstand last week and it got in my alarm clock and fried it.  DH made a comment about getting me a new alarm.  I told him there was no need, because I haven't used it since I worked.  I normally get up way before DS, he sleeps until 10am some days.  I normally don't schedule anything early in the day, because of how late he sleeps.
  • I can't even begin to explain how jealous I am that your LO sleeps until 8:30! JD wakes me up every day between 5:30 - 6:00.... way too early for me but I've grown accustomed to stumbling through the first hour of the day until my coffee kicks in!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Between 7-7:30 every day, of course on the days DH is on duty, she decides to sleep later- closer to 8.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • sorta. dh doesn't wake to his alarm so that wakes me, i throw him out of bed, and then go back to sleep until she wakes up.

or at least when i'm not babysitting. when i am, i have to get up with dh because that's when he gets here.

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • DS used to be my alarm clock but now that I am EP'ing for DD I have to get up by 7:30am or else my boobs will explode.  Smile

Luckily, at least so far, both LO's sleep until at least 8am though so I get some time to fully wake up before they are up.

• DD is usually my alarm clock.  She is 6 months old and usually wakes up about 7:30 or 8 am.  I really wish I could motivate myself to get up at 7, jump in the shower and at least feel like I had a head start to my day.  I have always loved to sleep in late.  I've always had a difficult time waking up for school and work.  I used to be a chronic snooze button hitter.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My kids have school a few times a week so I do set my alarm on those days to help get them to school on time. (They usually wake up anywhere between 8-9am.)  However, ever since DD saw me hitting the snooze button, she's taken the liberty of doing it for me because she thinks it's fun.  DS has seen her do it so now he wants to do it to. Between the 2 of them hitting my snooze button, I've over slept on more than several occasions. Embarrassed
  • Yes she is.  :-)  I would love to hop out of bed an hour before her to have quiet time and get things done, but I enjoy my sleep.  Also, she gets up anywhere between 6:15 and 7:30, and there is no way I'm getting up before then if I don't have to. 
    BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • No, I get up when DH does and work until DD wakes up.  So I get up around 5:45 every day.
  • imagekem717:
    DD normally wakes up around 8:30.  At least I think she does, because she normally plays quietly in her crib and sometimes doesn't wake me up until after 9!  Do you set your alarm so you're up and more awake before LO wakes up or do you just let them wake you up?

THIS. Usually around 8:30-9am she wakes me up to eat and stuff. It's nice that she has a set schedule she made for herself so I know what to expect. Smile

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • DD is DH's alarm clock. She is up anytime between 6-7am and he gets up with her until a few minutes after 7 when he gets ready for work. DH and DD get me up because i've usually gone back to sleep with DS hanging on my boob.
    - Jena
  • imageJCM:
    DD is usually my alarm clock.  She is 6 months old and usually wakes up about 7:30 or 8 am.  I really wish I could motivate myself to get up at 7, jump in the shower and at least feel like I had a head start to my day.  I have always loved to sleep in late.  I've always had a difficult time waking up for school and work.  I used to be a chronic snooze button hitter.

This is me too. I always toy with the idea of getting up with before DS to get stuff done, but it rarely happens. On nights when he sleeps over at my mom's so we can have a date night, the best part is sleeping in until 10 or 11 the next day before he gets home. I love sleeping in too!  So he wakes me up around 8-8:30. When he is off his schedule and goes to bed at 9, he sleeps in until 9 or 9:30 and I have to work to get him back to bed on time otherwise our day is shot getting up so late, lol.

• She is my (extremely reliable) alarm clock, 6:45 am every day!

We went through a very short phase when she slept until about 8 (and she was my alarm clock then too). But sadly those days seem long over.  

Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • imagepawleygirl77:
    I can't even begin to explain how jealous I am that your LO sleeps until 8:30! JD wakes me up every day between 5:30 - 6:00.... way too early for me but I've grown accustomed to stumbling through the first hour of the day until my coffee kicks in!

Ditto.  I can't remember the last time I used an alarm clock.

• My daughter is the same as yours! Guess we're lucky ;-) And yes, most mornings she is my alarm clock!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was just thinking the other day that I haven't had to set my actual alarm clock in almost 6 months! DH leaves for work around 6:30 and DD and I usually sleep until 8 when she wakes me up to eat/play. I might be more motivated to wake up with DH and get stuff done, but I don't get home from work until 11:30 at night (I work part time in the evenings), so I'm enjoying my sleep :)

• Consider yourself VERY lucky that you can sleep in that late. Yes, my kids are my alarm clock. I really try to wake up before them, but since DS is still NOT STTN, it's really hard because I'm not getting enough sleep.

My kids wake up around 7-7:30am - so not too early.

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • I am not a morning person at all (probably because I don't go to bed til between 12-2am). I don't get up until my kids get me up... usually around 7:30 or 8.
  • I got up to work out pre-preg.  Now, they wake me.
  • During the week I set an alarm to get my older two to school in time.  On weekends I let them get up whenever they want and I wake up when DS (5 months) gets me up.  I'd love to not have to set an alarm during the week but mornings are chaotic enough as it is. DD's bus doesn't come until 8:40 but we're always rushing around. 
  • In a sense.  My DH gets up at 6:30 for work and I get up shortly after. I'd go back to bed and sleep in as long as possible but it's very rare that my DD's sleep past 7am anyway. 
  • my dh gets up around 6 for work so i am typically somewhat awake by 6:15/6:30.  i lay in bed though until our daughter is up.  she typically gets up between 6:15 and 7 so we get up together.   so yep sort of my alarm clock
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"