Adoption

S/O adoption profile question

in your adoption profile, did you refer to the child as "our child" or "  your child?" like, for example if i say " I can't wait to travel with OUR child?" or should I say " YOUR child" to show the BM that i understand that it is still her child?? Thanks!

Re: S/O adoption profile question

• It was according to the wording in the profile...sometimes we used a child and sometimes we used a son or daughter.  We used your child a good bit too.  We never said "our" child because he/she wasn't our child yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We were told it depended on where you writing it in the profile.  For example, if you were writing the "Dear Birthmother" letter in the beginning you would say "your child."  Then in the middle where we talked about our life and what it would be like, we said, for example, "We can't wait to teach our child how to...."  Then in the end, we went back to using "your child."
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I have to agree with the above poster we used our child for example whne we explained how we wanted to raise children reliously. we saud   We would like to raise our child with and understanding and love of God. 

but wehn we said talk about her child directly we said your child .

you are welcome to read through our profile if you would like. I am rewriting it but you can see my old one at.

https://www.sunnyridge.org/birth_parents/waiting_families/heatherjim.php

Proud Momma of our daughter Charlie! She found her forever home August 2010 Hope to be the proud momma of #2 in July
  • ditto on the our child for vague terms and your child for the birth mother letter.

Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • We did both. If we were talking about the bmom we would say "your child" when we talked about how we would raise the child etc...we said "our child"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"