New Jersey Babies

Midwife in Morris County area

Does anybody have any good suggestions for a midwife in the morris county area that is not medically oriented?

Re: Midwife in Morris County area

• I'm not sure what part of Morris you're from, but if you'd be willing to travel to Hackettstown, the midwives I go to are great. It's 3 of them in one practice that also has an OB. Their website is hackettstownmidwives.com.

I'm not sure what you mean by "not medically oriented." I am delivering at Hackettstown Hospital, but I believe they do home births as well.  Hackettstown Hospital definitely goes along with the midwifery model of care, much more so than other area hospitals.

• First are you looking for a at home birth or hospital birth with min medical help (ie pain meds, iv's, etc?)? If you want the hospital birth with a midwife call Marla Scott in Denville! If i wasn't high risk I would be going to her. A few friends used her and love her. I have met her and she is wonderful.

Hackettstown Midwives do not do homebirth by the way. I am also delivering at hackettstown.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • i used hackettstown midwives as well, they are excellent. and yes, they do homebirths-

https://www.hackettstownmidwives.com/homebirth.php

• I used the Hackettstown midwives and they were amazing and I had a great experience delivering at Hackettstown Hospital.  There are 4 midwives and 2 of them also do homebirths.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm delivering at Morristown Memorial and using Avalon Midwives.  They have offices in Morristown and West Caldwell.  The practice consists of three midwives (all CNMs) and I love them!  They only deliver at Morristown though and do not perform home births.  Good luck! 

• imagewinterwedd:

I'm delivering at Morristown Memorial and using Avalon Midwives.  They have offices in Morristown and West Caldwell.  The practice consists of three midwives (all CNMs) and I love them!  They only deliver at Morristown though and do not perform home births.  Good luck! 

I'm using Avalon as well! A good friend of mine highly recommended them.  My first appt is on Monday (11/30) and I'm so excited.  When are you due?

• I'm due in May.  When I say medically oriented I mean nobody who would suggest breaking my water, an epi, or pitocin.  Last time I used a midwife that was highly recommended by so many holistic people and she turned out to be very medically oriented.  She went along with everything I wanted up until she had me in the hospital.  I actually met a midwife from Hackettstown midwives and when I told her my story it seemed like she would have suggested the same.  Maybe her style would have been different though.  I need somebody who would give me a choice not tell me what I have to do when I'm positive I had other options.  My husband and I are still very disappointed at how things went and we want to make sure it doesn't happen again.  Thank you for any advice you can give me.  I will make an appointment with Avalon and will keep looking back here for more suggestions.

I should also mention that I would like to go to Morristown Memorial hospital or something close to it that has a non-separation rule.  Morristown allows you to have the baby never leave your side not even for a second.  I would also be interested in a home birth. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"