Single Parents

daddy visitation

this is my first weekend without my daughter for a full day. i miss her terribly. i am happy that she is spending time with her daddy though. :)

Re: daddy visitation

• It's hard, but it's nice to get a break and to know that they're bonding. That's the best!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • It's also nerve racking because I have no control over where he takes her, who he takes her to see, and how he cares for her. I have to trust that he will do the best for her. We both just have such different views on child friendly and safe and healthy environments for a newborn. This is a huge reason why we are no longer together. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I completely understand. You just have to trust him and hope that he will have enough common sense to keep her in a safe environment. It is definitely hard. After a while you will start to be more comfortable with it though, and won't be worrying the entire time!

• imagetifanico:
    I might be flamed for this BUT She is just 4 months old and he is already having her a whole weekend???

I don't see a problem with that.  She is his daughter too, and as long as he is not abusing her or subjecting her to any danger, there should be no reason he can't see her for the entire weekend.  He has a right to bond with her as well.

Although it can be a bit difficult if she is breastfeeding, LOL.  Seriously, just because the relationship didn't work doesn't mean he can't be a good, productive father.  I know that isn't always the case, but obviously he is making an effort and shouldn't be denied a chance to bond with his kid. 

• no, he has her all day saturday. he is fighting for overnights for the whole weekend. i am fighting to keep it just for sat. all day and two nights during the week. she is an infant and needs her stability. and he doesn't have his own place yet, and is staying with family. i just don't think any of that is good for my daughter. a day with daddy is fine, but a whole weekend where he wants her to stay is not ok with me. this is the reason i have a court date in dec and in jan. he is fighting tooth and nail against me. he his putting his selfishness in front of the baby's needs.
  • DS's dad had him overnight at 3 months old. We broke up, and he started having him every-other weekend right away. He's just as good a dad as I am a mom so I don't see a problem with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"