Parenting

Why wont my cheesecake set? HELP!

I have cooked my cheesecake at LEAST an additional 30 minutes, it is still wobbley in the middle.

What gives??

Re: Why wont my cheesecake set? HELP!

• I can't help because I didn't even know you cook a cheesecake, lol. 
  • How are you baking it? What temp?

I have been thinking of trying mine in a water bath the next time I make it.

Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine is sometimes just a bit jiggly in the middle when it is done. Once it is chilled it firms up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageRebekah1021:

How are you baking it? What temp?

It was at 300 for 1.5 hours, I just increased it to 325 for an additional 20 and it finally set. 

I have heard of water baths, I wonder what kind of difference this makes? I have to make another cheesecake tomorrow, maybe I will try this...

• How soft is it? Mine usually sets fine once I stick it in the fridge for a while.
  • imageMelandJeff:
    imageRebekah1021:

How are you baking it? What temp?

It was at 300 for 1.5 hours, I just increased it to 325 for an additional 20 and it finally set. 

I have heard of water baths, I wonder what kind of difference this makes? I have to make another cheesecake tomorrow, maybe I will try this...

I am dying to try this too. I saw it twice on the Food Network this week. Just make sure you put a couple of layers of foil around the springform pan

Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • I know it's already done, but wanted to add...I cooked mine for 1 hr 45 mins at 325 in a water bath.  Then, turned the oven off and let it sit in there for another hour.
  • I can't do all that.  I make my cheesecake without baking.  I use two packages of cream cheese, a can of condensed milk, a little splash of tea, a small splash of vanilla extract, salt and beat it with the mixer until it's very fluffy, put it in the freezer for an hour or two and !!voila!!
  • I make cheesecake and for some reason I have to cook it waaaay longer than what the recipe says.  Keep cooking it until it looks done. 
  • I find a water bath helps with the cracks - not so much with the "done-ness"
  • Water bath just prevents cracking on the top and you need to make sure you have a really good springform pan, otherwise the water can get into the cake.

I always cook it about a half hour longer than the recipe says to.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"