Birth Stories
Options

Rylen Jaspers Birth Story from SEPTEMBER!

It started out a typical doctors appointment on Weds. September 23, 09. I went in to start my NST. I sat there talking to my mom and the nurse kept coming in and checking my chart. Eventually, she had sent in another nurse who looked at my chart and asked me how far along I was. I looked at her and answered "36 weeks". A few minutes later my MW, Joyce came in and told me that Rylens heartrate was a little abnormal and she wanted to check my amniotic fluid levels. We did an ultrasound and they were a little low. Joyce said that she was gonna send me to the hospital overnight to be hooked up to the monitors. She went out of the room to get the paperwork ready and a few minutes later came back in and said that she spoke to the doctor they have there and shes going to start inducing me that night!!!! :)
Fast Forward to L&D. We've called my best friend, my family, my sister and everyone possible who was allowed to know when i go into labor. The other MW, Kristen was on call that night. (Kristen is a HUGE sweetheart whereas Joyce lacks bedside manners.) She came in and told me that she was going to start me on some pitocin to see how Ry reacts to contractions. Apparantly he did good. I dont really remember too much anymore. The next morning she came in and inserted cervadil in me trying to ripen my cervix. They had to put in cervadil twice. Later that night, Dr. Hawkins (the doctor at the MW office) came in to talk to me. They said that because I am RH-Negative they were going to possibly send me to syracuse hospital because my baby had a chance of being Anemic. However, Syracuse wouldn't take me because they didnt have enough beds and the only reason my DRS were sending me was so i wouldnt be seperated from Ry for long if he had to go to syracuse for blood transfusions. I told Dr. H that I would prefer them deliver Rylen and ill just follow him to syracuse if he needed to go. Apparantly this was the answer they wanted to hear. Dr. H said that the inducing time would take awhile and if Ry wasn't out within her timeline she'd do a C-Section.
On Friday, the 25th, Kristen came in and inserted a cathater? I believe to help ripen my cervix quicker. It HURT sooo freaking bad. i was crying! then she had to take it out because she didnt realize i had a latex allergy!!!!!! i was not happy. i thought she was going to do it again but she said she wouldn't put me through that again. Then she told me that Joyce was gonna be on call that night.
At 5:00 Joyce came in to check to see how far I was. I really DONT remember what I was dilated to...At 5:30 she broke my water and they started my pitocin at 6. The contractions were SO SO SO bad. I was crying. my family was in there trying to make me laugh and It wasn't helping! i was begging for my epidural. Joyce came in and checked me and i was at 4 CM so she said i could have it. After i got that i was so HAPPY! i was in a great mood. I was watching NCIS and laughing with my family. pretty soon though i started throwing up. at 10:00 the nurse said i was at 8 cm and said the baby would be born in a few hours. However soon after that I felt the pressure to push! i called Joyce in and she checked and said it was time! WOOOT!! my sister and my mom held my legs and it only took me about 5-7 minutes to push out rylen!
He was born at 10:43 PM and weighed 6LBS 13 OZ. he did have to go to NICU for a week because of jaundice but now hes home and is a great baby!!! :)

I FORGOT to mention that i had NO tears at all!! :)

Re: Rylen Jaspers Birth Story from SEPTEMBER!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"