Philadelphia Babies
Options

Babies close in age?

I recently found out we're pregnant again! I have a 7 month old daughter and we had lots of issues concieving her that we were told we probably would need lots of help with baby #2 too but as it happens this little miracle was concieved on its own!! I am also nursing exclusively so that and the fact that I thought I was "infertile" put me into shock when the tests came back positive! I am freaked out to have our children only 14 months apart!! Is there anyone else out there in either the same situation or who has children so close that can give some good advice?? thanks!

Re: Babies close in age?

• Options

Mine are 16 months apart.  I was scared sh!tless when I found out we were pg with #2.  DH was ecstatic, but I had some serious anxiety in the beginning.  How would I possibly be able to care for two babies with vastly different needs all day?  Would I ever have time for myself? How would I ever get anything done around the house?

I got over the anxiety for most of the pregnancy, but towrds the end the fear and uncertainty came back.  I sent DH back to work after a week.  I just realized I needed to do this on my own and there was no sense in delaying it. 

For me, it was vital to start getting out of the house with both of them.  So DD was 2 weeks old when we went to the grocery store.  It went great!  That gave me the confidence I needed and I started to believe I could handle this.

The first month was the hardest.  But it got so much easier, especially when DD fell into a loose routine.  I am sure it will get really challenging when DD becomes mobile.

The best advice I can give you is to not stress out and just take it day by day.  Know that there will be times when they both need/want you, and you just have to assess whose need is greater and go from there.  There will be crying but DC #1 will adjust (my DS started out ignoring DD, but now he is so cute with her).

I also highly recommend a carrier or sling of some sort (I have a baby bjorn).  I would not be able to get food shopping or Target runs done without it.  Oh and a good double stroller - we have a phil and ted's and I LOVE it and use it just about every day.

GL and congrats!  You can do it!  It is tough but so rewarding

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Options
    I am pregnant now with my second.  My children will be 14 months apart. I know it will be hard in the beginning but I am glad they will grow up together.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"