D.C. Area Babies

Stroller Recs

I was just wondering if anyone had any good stroller recommendations? I would use it mostly when the LO is an infant because I will be home all summer with my new born so I want something thats definitely infant friendly but thats easy for the metro etc.  I was also hoping for something that will be good for a toddler as well although I will likely get a new one when LO gets older. I have a friend that swears by the bugaboo cameleon but my issue is she says I will need to get a new stroller at about 6 or 7 months because its heavy. I cant see the point in spending that much on a stroller to only use for a few months. If I can use it longer sure why not but if its only going to be used early on I think its a waste of money.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Stroller Recs

• We have the Baby Jogger City Mini and it is great.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We used a snap & go for the first 3 months or so, then switched to the City Mini.  I love the City Mini - it's lightweight, manuverable, and easy to fold.
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Same. Love the Mini. I would have just bought the car seat adapter if  we hadn't been given a used Snap N Go.
    The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Ditto all pp. We have the City Mini and love it. I really like that we can use the adapter bar so we only need one stroller (no snap and go) because we're limited on space. And it's affordable!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• imagetomandcourt:
    Ditto all pp. We have the City Mini and love it. I really like that we can use the adapter bar so we only need one stroller (no snap and go) because we're limited on space. And it's affordable!

ditto!

• I have had the Chameleon since the beginning with DS and we still use it.  I'm not sure what she means by it being heavy.  Yes, there are some strollers out there that are lighter, but I don't think they have some of the same quality points as the bugaboo.  You're comparing apples and oranges if you're trying to compare a bugaboo with an umbrella stroller (which it sounds like your friend is doing).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • I have the Chicco and I LOVE it for shopping, small walks, etc...  but definitely wouldn't recommend it for everyday use/metro.  I think it would be entirely too heavy - thought you may want to rule one out!
  • Lots of moms swear by the City Mini.  I loved it too, but we ended up with a Phil and Teds b/c we are going to have #2 in the near future and don't have the space for a fleet of strollers in our garage.  If you want something lightweight for the first 6 months, you may want to consider a car seat frame.  We did this and glad we did.  By the time DS was ready for a real stroller, we had an idea of the features we wanted and what our needs would be.  The car seat frame is lightweight and cheap, so you don't have to feel bad about wasting money when you get a new stroller.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"