D.C. Area Babies
Options

Trying not to worry, dr not available; do these numbers look nomal?

For those of you who know about beta levels and progesterone levels, do these numbers from yesterday morning look normal? 

Beta--643

Progesterone--24.7

I took two digital pg tests on Friday and Saturday, and they both came back positive.  It was a huge shock since we used clomid to get pregnant the first time, and this time I didn't even know when I ovulated.  I do think I am only a little over 4 weeks pg since I took a test the weekend before and it was negative, AND because I had major cramping on November 8th, which was probably ovulation (it was two weeks and two days ago).  I remember thinking AF was coming that day, but looking back, the timing might have been right for o'ing. 

The doctor was supposed to call me this morning to let me know that my bloodwork came back ok, and my progesterone levels are ok (since I used progesterone supps last pregnancy in 1st tri).  But, one doctor is out today and the other is in surgery all day.  So, I have not heard back.  I've called twice and the receptionist just keeps telling me she'll leave the doctor a note.  (She was able to read my numbers and tell me that I am, in fact, pregnant). 

The doctor did tell me a while ago that she thinks I may not need progesterone supps, but that I was put on them last time as standard procedure since I used clomid.  Hopefully that's the case and I don't need them, but if I do need them and it's now been 5 days since my BFP, that is not good. 

Please tell me what my numbers look like to you.  I'm sure it's foreign to most of you, but if anyone can reassure me then that would be great!  :-)

***off to google***

BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!

Re: Trying not to worry, dr not available; do these numbers look nomal?

• Options

according to this, you are fine! https://www.stages-in-pregnancy.com/beta-levels-in-early-pregnancy.html

did not google progesterone yet though

• Options

That's a really good beta - here is a site you might like - https://www.betabase.info/

I'm not as familar w/progesterone levels - but from what I have googled - I'd say that number is also really good - https://parenting.ivillage.com/ttc/0,,4670,00.html

https://www.justmommies.com/articles/progesterone-pregnancy.shtml

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Your progesterone level seems okay to me, but I'm not a Dr :). Here's the chart I always used to look up hormone levels: https://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hormonelevels.html#female
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Options
    IIRC, they sound like good numbers.  :)
  • Options

Those look like good numbers to me.  With that beta I'm guessing you're a little further along than you think you are.  I'm pretty sure also your progesterone number doesn't indicate that you would need suppositories.

Are they going to do a repeat beta to check for doubling numbers?  Also, I'm guessing since you're unsure of how far along you are then they may want to do (or you could ask for it) an early u/s to date your pg.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Options
    imageNowDNAtoo:

Those look like good numbers to me.  With that beta I'm guessing you're a little further along than you think you are.  I'm pretty sure also your progesterone number doesn't indicate that you would need suppositories.

Are they going to do a repeat beta to check for doubling numbers?  Also, I'm guessing since you're unsure of how far along you are then they may want to do (or you could ask for it) an early u/s to date your pg.

Thanks everyone!  I feel a lot better. 

The doctor left a message a little while ago and said the numbers look great, and I should come in next Monday just to make sure they are going up.  He didn't sound concerned at all.  I will ask about an u/s when I go in.  DH showed up with flowers tonight.  He's pretty excited.  :-)

BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • Options
    Just wanted to say that they told me anything over 17 with progesterone was good.  At 4 weeks 1 day my hcg was 517 and my progesterone was 38 about a week later when they checked it (they didn't check it on my first blood draw since it was at my GP not OB).  Congratulations! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"