Secondary IF

Next step...Metformin

I had my 1st RE visit today and had to do tons of b/w. 

I will probably start on Metformin to see if I can help with the O.  Since I had 2 Clomid cycles with no O :(    I really not looking forward to that (the s/e really scare me Embarrassed ) but we'll try this to see if this is what it takes to get PG.

I now this has been asked before but please let me know your experience with metformin. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers TTC # 2 w/ PCOS since January 2010...BFP 12/31/11!! EDD 09/11/12 BabyFruit Ticker image

Re: Next step...Metformin

• have had no real reactions - start slowly and make sure you do eat regularly. i almost fainted one day and it was because my blood sugar got really low...the drug is not supposed lower your blood sugar but it can and i believe if you don't have full blown diabetes it's more likely to lower your blood sugar. the latter part is totally my opinion but it totally makes sense.
    I got pregnant with PCOS after many years of IF! Thank you Lord! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    m/c 11/2/09
    *in da bag so far: D90|nikon 18-200|50mm f/1.8|sb700*
  • I agree with the PP....my nurse had me start slow and then goes up with the dosage.  The first week it was 1 pill a day at b-fast....then the second week b-fast and lunch...etc.  After a month I was taking 3 pills at a time all with dinner.  I hear the Extended release is a little better so that is what I am on.  If I eat bad then I spend a lot of time on the toilet so to say....I have not had a problem with it causing low blood sugar for me and I am not diabetic.
    Gabrielle & Ed - Married 10.22.05
    Mommy to Stephanie Lena - 2.13.07 and Evan Ralph - 9.23.10
    Angel Baby (m/c at 9 weeks) - 1.2.09

Christmas Card Picture - 2011
    (aka: the only picture I could get of them together that was not blurry and had them both sitting still!)

Click here for My Bio

The Stephanie Song...click here to listen!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"