Health & Exercise
Options

Healthy snack ideas...

I'm looking for some healthy (or semi-healthy) snack ideas that I can keep at my desk at work - things that don't need to be refrigerated.  I am hungry alot because it helps my nausea subside and I always fall back on the vending machine chips or something totally unhealthy.

So far, I've thought of granola bars, cereal, oatmeal, soup, bananas & apples.  Anybody have any other ideas for things easy to store at work to munch on in the afternoons?  Thanks!

Re: Healthy snack ideas...

• Options
    I keep raisins in my desk at work for snacks and love them!
  • Options

I was also going to say raisins - yum.

I have also started snacking on dates....

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Make your own snack mix with almonds, dried fruit, and if you need something sweet a few chocolate chips or M&Ms. I also like rice cakes with a little bit of peanut butter or spreadable low-fat cheese. If you have access to a fridge at work then stock up on some string cheese, carrots, snap peas, and fresh fruit.

imageimage

• Options

Dried cereal is one of my favs.  (Corn Bran, Honey Comb, Shreddies and Cheerios are good for snacking)  If you are craving chocolate, buy Nesquick or Reese's cereal....at least you are getting some added vitamins when you are snacking on a craving. 

All Bran Bites

Mandarin Oranges

Cup a soup packages....replaced my morning coffee

• Options

my afteroon fave is sliced apples and a tablespoon (or two:)) of natural peanut butter...yummy:)

i also usually pack two small lunches as i can be at work for 10 hours at a time...spacing out my lunches helps to keep most of the hunger at bay for a while:)

• Options
    Almonds with dried cranberries, granola bars (new fave are the all-natural Lara Bars), 100 calorie snack packs, cereal, and trail mix.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Pretzels and Peanut Butter

Frosted Mini Wheats are good dry too

• Options
    There are a few things I like- graham crackers, apples with cream cheese fruit dip (its better for you than it sounds, and way better for you than caramel) banana and peanut butter sandwich on wheat, string cheese, yogurt (until baby decided that he/she doesnt like that), dry cereal as stated in PP, and carrot sticks. :)
  • Options
    Fruit to Go bars!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"