Secondary IF
Options

**FRAN**

How thin did yours get and did you have to go on bedrest for this or was your bedrest for other things?  As many details as you can share with me would be great!!!  Thank you so much!! 
Alyssa born 6/14/05 at 8 lbs 2oz - Ashley born 3/27/10 at 6 lbs 13oz
We had 2 years of IF trying to conceive #2 and one loss during that time. We are currently trying for #3! had another loss the end of June
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: **FRAN**

• Options

It has been a while but I want to share with you my experience with Harmon b/c my experience with the twins was a different deal.  You most likely won't ever be at risk like that so don't worry.

With Harmon I noticed my spotting had continued into the 2nd tri.  B/c of that the doc wanted to keep a close eye on us.  At 20 wks or so they measured my cervix by transvag u/s.  I measured 2.7.  The rule was 2.5 or less and you get put on STRICT bedrest.  B/c I was above that that threshold they put me on modified bedrest.  That meant I could sit up, make myself food, take a shower, etc.  But I couldn't be at work and I had to avoid walking.  After a few wks of this I had thickened to 3.2 so I was off restrictions.

At about 29 wks I started having PTL and I was again down to like 2.6 so I was put on modified bedrest until 36 wks and they put me on procardia.  At 33 wks they added terbutiline b/c of a positive Fetal Fiber Nectin test.  At 34 wks Harmon was diagnosed as IUGR and so they determined at 37 wks I would deliver.  By the time 37 wks had come the modified bedrest and the PTL drugs had thickened me up again past 3.  

So what I am trying to say is that despite being at risk by listening to the doctors and taking it easy I was able to avoid PTL.  Do exactly what they say and trust them.  Likely you will just fine so try not to worry.  I remember being so scared.  Hang in there and if you have more questions ask me anytime!

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"