Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How often does/did your 7/8 week old smile at you?

Our LO has been smiling since 4 weeks.  It's always been hit or miss on when he would smile.  He has to be in a good mood, usually just after waking up and eating.  However, I feel like he doesn't smile at us a lot.  Sometimes he will smile at the animals on his play gym, and I can get some smiles when I work at them (making faces, funny noises, etc.) but he only occasionally just smiles in response to one of our smiles.  I was wondering what others LO were doing?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How often does/did your 7/8 week old smile at you?

• I think it depends on the day/ time.  Some days she smiles a ton and other days not so much.  Seems like after she just wakes up she smiles more too. 
  • Our LO smiles a lot...mostly at me. ?She loves her changing table and always kicks her legs and smiles when she's on it. ?Also, the past few days I play peak-a-boo with her and she smiles. ?So cute!
  • Loading the player...
  • Every morning!  As soon as we wake up and I say "Good Morning Lucy!"  She smiles and coos.  It's the best thing ever.  She also does the same thing to this big teddy bear she has.  She loves that thing.  After that it's hit and miss throughout the day.
  • My little one is always smiling and laughing.  I love it.  That toothless smile is the best!
  • DS smiles all the time. He started at 1 month. I can usually get him to start smiling in the morning.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • From what I've heard, baby girls smile sooner/more often than boys. I'm sure there are plenty of exceptions to that rule, but it holds true for most people I know. :) DD smiled more easily when she was DS's age, though. He smiled for the first time at 3 weeks, (at me) but not again until this past Sunday! Now I get them very sporadically--sometimes when he's looking at something else, but usually in response to me making funny noises or talking to him in a sing-song voice. :-P I'm ridiculous, but I just want to see him smile. :)

• She smiles more and more everyday. It took awhile though, she is now 8 weeks and smiling more. When she was 7 weeks it was totally hit or miss. Maybe we just have serious babies!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My LO did and has been smiling and cooing during diaper changes when he's wide awake.
  • My DD smiles much more at DH than me.  Last night when I was holding her and she was semi-sleeping she giggled a couple of times.  It melted me and then I started to laugh...my DH missed it but me seeing it made it okay that she smiles at him more.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • =( still waiting. I get dissapointed when I see all these people babies smiling at a month. He's just not having it. He is not entertained by anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"