Houston Babies
Options

If you dealt w/ IF...

If you had trouble TTC #1, how many cycles would you try for #2 before consulting w/ a doctor?

I did not have to do IUI or IVF for #1, but did require meds and monitoring.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you dealt w/ IF...

• Options
    We haven't started trying for #2 yet, but I'm thinking I'll probably give it 6 months (given that I'm close to 35 already).  We tried for a year for #1 on our own and got pregnant the first medicated cycle (no IUI either).  But, I guess that all depends on when my cycles return (still haven't seen one yet) and if I have regular cycles once they do.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    you know our situation...  However, our doctor said to call her and get back on Metformin 6 months BEFORE we wanted to start TTC again.  I don't think it's ever too early to go in.  Especially because you had TTTC...  You know what works.  Get the drugs Stick out tongue good luck!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I wouldn't say that we have IF issues really...well, maybe.  I don't ovulate unless I'm on medication.  Once I'm on the right doses and things are balanced in my body then we're good to go and I luckily get pregnant after just a few cycles.  My doctors have my medical history and do the right bloodwork so it's a fairly easy fix.

My fertility issues are caused by really bad PCOS.  Ex: my ovaries were covered with cysts when I went in for my first pregnancy ultrasound.  My left ovary is 4x the size it should be right now...it's really angry. 

I've been working to get on the right meds since I stopped breastfeeding in January and I just started feeling good last cycle after having some terrible health issues caused by the wrong doses late this summer.  This is why I love Dr. Roach...she fixed me.

• Options
    Hmm, I guess it never occurred to me to go to a doc about it before hand. We're on cycle #5 right now. I guess if this one is a bust I'll try to find a doc up here for their input. Thanks ladies!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I did IUI with injectibles, so I headed back for cycle #1 once we were ready to TTC. Did the same things again and got pg on our first IUI this time around. 

We didn't do anything to prevent once DD was born, and I got AF back at 3mo so I figured if it was going to happen naturally it would have happened before then even though we weren't "trying".

- Jena
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"