D.C. Area Babies
Options

Breastfeedling supplies question

I need a smaller shield attachment for my pump...I now know why my nipples are killing me after I pump. The shield is too big and does not fit properly. I think I need a small...still trying to figure out what size shield I have to begin with. It would be very easy if all I needed was a medium but I think that is the size that came with the pump. I am borrowing my sister's pump. Anyway, I have looked at BRU and Target but all they have is medium and above.  I think there is a breastfeeding supply store at Fair Oaks hospital..anywhere else? Anyone ever been there?

Re: Breastfeedling supplies question

• Options
    call your local LC - a lot of them sell BFing supplies
  • Options

Where do you live?  The reason I ask is that the breastfeeding clinic at Alexandria hospital is cheap (I don't remember, maybe $10 or something like that?) and you can go and talk to a lactation consultant and get them to tell you what size shield you need.  Unless you've already consulted one?

I'd check with the manufacturer - for instance, if you have a Medela pump, they have great costumer service - you could just call the manufacturer and ask where in your area you can get different sized shields.

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    good suggestions - thanks to you both!
  • Options
    I got my small at Great Beginnings in Gaithersburg.
  • Options

imagejenndreier:
    I got my small at Great Beginnings in Gaithersburg.

This and INOVA FFX has them as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"