Secondary IF
Options

Talk to me about IUI.

It looks like I'm not even going to O this cycle on Clomid, so we are starting to explore the next step of IUI.  Our insurance doesn't cover infertility treatments at all so we'll probably have to pay for most of this out of pocket.  Oddly, they've covered my CD21 bloodwork every cycle though.  So who knows what they will actually cover.

If you've done it without insurance assistance, do you mind sharing what your out of pocket expenses were? And what the actual procedure is like?

Re: Talk to me about IUI.

• Options

My IF stuff is completely OOP and here's a breakdown....

IUI #1-Clomid-$90.00 and IUI-$350.00= $440.00

IUI #2-Clomid+IUI (same cost as above) plus a u/s and 1 trigger shot which were $174.00=$614.00

I just spent almost $668 for Repronex (injectables) and two trigger shots that I ordered from Europe.  This is half the price if I had ordered them here and this is for a two month supply.

The IUI's in December and January will cost me a right around the same as #2 did.  Maybe a bit more because you have to have several more u/s while on the injectibles.

If we don't get pregnant two more rounds of IUI (4 total) we're done.   That will be right at 3000.00.  We can't do any more oop than that.

As far as the procedure.  It feels nothing more than a pap.  It takes about a minute or two and you lay there for about ten minutes and go on about your normal day.

HTH and GL.....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thank you! That does help a lot.  I get my Clomid for $9 at Target without insurance.  It's on their list of $9 prescriptions. 

We can afford to do about $500 a cycle for a few cycles but I don't want to throw a lot of money away when it only has a slightly higher success rate. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree that the procedure is very similar to a pap.  Quick, easy, painless (for the most part) - I've even gone to work afterwards!  Good luck
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The entire cycle (Clomid, monitoring, trigger and IUI) completely OOP for us was around $1500. The procedure itself was easy peasy. I went to work after.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"