OMG!
    Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imageMrs._F:
    OMG!

right??

And i also noticed that they now have cloth inserts as well as the flushable ones - such a great idea!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagectbride08:

imageMrs._F:
    OMG!

right??

And i also noticed that they now have cloth inserts as well as the flushable ones - such a great idea!!

I saw that too!  I was originally leaning towards gdiapers, but then with continued research was leaning towards going cloth all the way (bumgenius, fuzzibuns, etc) - it really isn't much extra work.  Every parent seems to have a different favorite brand, so I'm thinking we'll buy a few of couple different brands and see how it goes.  Those ruffles are seriously the cutest!!

Mrs._F

• Options
    imageMrs._F:

I saw that too!  I was originally leaning towards gdiapers, but then with continued research was leaning towards going cloth all the way (bumgenius, fuzzibuns, etc) - it really isn't much extra work.  Every parent seems to have a different favorite brand, so I'm thinking we'll buy a few of couple different brands and see how it goes.  Those ruffles are seriously the cutest!!

i think thats definitely the way to do it.

we have gdiapers, bumgenius all in ones, prefolds, and disposables  - i'm looking forward to trying them all out and seeing what i like best. 

(hmm, is it wierd to admit i'm looking forward to diapering? 'eh. oh well if it is!)

• Options

imagectbride08:
    (hmm, is it wierd to admit i'm looking forward to diapering? 'eh. oh well if it is!)

Not weird when you're talking to me! Have you checked out the eco-friendly family blog?  Their cloth diaper posts are great - especially the first couple of posts on the topic - it's like a cd encyclopedia, with great links too!

Mrs._F

• Options

those are so cute!!!

I could never wrap my head about cloth diapers twins - although I have friends who have done it and have lived to tell about it! :)

Diapering a baby isn't bad - those teeny tiny diapers are so freaking cute.  I actually saved one from their first pack and I love seeing it in the closet. It was after 3 years that I was OVER it - and size 6 diapers aren't so cute - and not as pleasant when they are eating the same things you are. Stick out tongue

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

I know two twin moms who cloth diapered. One was a widow to boot.  I don't know how she did it.  I would have considered cloth if I was going to be a SAHM but I just don't think I could keep up with it when I am working.  The g diapers have mixed reviews we have some and I am tempted to try them because they are so darn cute.

Brit there is a cloth diapering store in somerville (I think) that has all the different types and you can go and check them all out in person and talk to the people about the pros and cons of each type.

We have Ella's preemie diapers and my god are they so cute!  She didn't ever have the smallest diapers just the regular pampers preemies and they came up to her arm pits!  Now she is starting to grow out of the size ones.  She seems to have chunky thighs!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagessg73:

Brit there is a cloth diapering store in somerville (I think) that has all the different types and you can go and check them all out in person and talk to the people about the pros and cons of each type.

What's it called??  I'd love to check that out!

Mrs._F

• Options
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagessg73:

Thanks so much! I am definitely going to check them out!

Mrs._F

• Options

Adorable!

I haven't tried Gdiapers yet but now that I know they have a non-flushable option I might.

We have BG's and like them a lot but there a bunch I still want to try. There is a Swaddlebees diaper that I drool over and some ruffled/embroidered covers that make me squeee!

I hope you get a call soon CT.

• Options

A great way to try cloth diapers to see which ones work best for you and baby is this: https://www.jilliansdrawers.com/products/clothdiapers/tryclothfor10/tryclothfor10

It's a $10 fee and a deposit and you get a ton of diapers and supplies to try for 21 days. Once you're done, you send back the ones you don't like, keep the ones you do and get a refund or credit of the deposit toward your purchase with free shipping and 10% off you order.

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'll confess that this diaper pushed me over the edge into the gdiaper camp.  You just can't get any cuter than this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"