Infertility

rp: bad AF like cramps, but still bfp?

i'm 10dp5dt.  i started getting bad AF like cramps last night, and i still have them today.  beta isn't until monday.  i think deep down, i know that i'm probably not pregnant, but wanted to see if anyone experienced bad AF like cramps, but was still pregnant.

i already posted this on SAIF.  thanks ladies.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: rp: bad AF like cramps, but still bfp?

• I have heard that cramping is normal. I say try to stay positive. Its not over till AF shows. I will keep my fingers crossed for you! GL!
    DX: Unexplained IF/possible PCOS 5/5/2010 Surprise BFP! After 2 miscarriages and many prayers, our angel is here:) Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • No experience m&m but wanted to wish you luck!

Blocked tubes due to ruptured appendix
    IVF#1 Ectopic - tube removed; FET#1 CP; IVF#2 BFP!
    Beta#1 13dpo 115; Beta#2 15dpo 248; Beta #3 20dpo 2215 U/S#1 6w1d HR 99; U/S#2 8w HR 165; U/S#3 10w HR 176 and moving all around!
    Bedrest at 28 weeks due to preterm labor; released to modified bedrest at 34 weeks; released to full activity at 37 weeks
    BabyNantucket born at 37 weeks 4 days 7lbs8oz 19in

Success is getting up just one more time than you fall down.

• Loading the player...
  • I really don't know, but I am pulling for you! Stay positive! I hope this is it for you!
    DS born 7.30.11
  • just wanted to wish you luck sweetie.  you're in my t&ps!
    S/PAIFW
    Tara & Dave - TTC since September 2006
    PCOS - dx 1999 (amenorrhea) | freakishly long fallopian tubes
    Hypoglycemic | thyroid issues | severely anemic
    Multiple Clomid cycles of 50, 100, 150 - absolutely no response
    Follistim 50/100 | Follistim 75/125 | Follistim 100/150 IUI - all BFNs
    Converted IVF - BFP - m/c | FET - BFN | IVF #2 = BFN
    IVF #3
  • Cramping CAN be good!!

Are you POAS before monday?

Sending you good thoughts that those cramps are the good kind!!!

• I hope cramping can be a good sign, since I've also got a beta on Monday and have been mildly cramping on and off since Thursday...
  • M & M-

Can I ask you how come your beta isn't until Monday if you are 10d post 5dt?  Isn't that late?  I hope your cramping is a good sign and not AF.  Best of luck to you for Monday!!

• imageChaynBill:

M & M-

Can I ask you how come your beta isn't until Monday if you are 10d post 5dt?  Isn't that late?  I hope your cramping is a good sign and not AF.  Best of luck to you for Monday!!

for some reason, my RE makes you wait a long time if it's a 5dt.  i have no idea why.  i asked if i could come in this morning, and was told yes, but that even if it's negative, i'd have to go back on monday for a re-test...i figured i might as well just wait until monday then.  i will not be POAS, although i am tempted.

• Well, good luck holding out until Monday (you are almost there). 

Again, best of luck to you.  I hope you get your BFP.

• yes! i had awful cramps the day before my + beta.
  • I was VERY crampy!!!!

Don't give up hope! 

• Most ppl do experience some cramping in early preg.  I do.  I am.  For me, it's not all the time, just on and off through out the day.  It's from a stretching uterus or so I've heard. 

One girl I know, her cramps where so bad, she went to the ER and everything was fine. 

It's different for everyone I guess.

And I guess that's why ppl say they felt like AF was coming because they're pretty similar symptoms (bloating, cramping, etc). 

GL to you!  I hope it's a strong beta!

• When I was pregnant, I had cramps that felt like AF. 

I really hope you get your sticky BFP this cycle!

(((hugs))) 

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Okay... so even if you think! you have AF, with bleeding and stuff, you can still be pregnant... not that I wish that on you, just saying don't give up!

Sooo.... hang in there!

• I did. I had AF like cramps a couple days before my BFP and continuing on until a few days after my BFP. I know its hard but try to stay positive. This could be your cycle.

Baby Beau
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 for 5 years - Many years, many tears 3 Clomid IUIs all BFN IVF#1 w/ ICSI = BFP!!!! Beta #1 - 157 11dp3dt, Beta #2 - 340 13dp3dt

FET for #2 9/1/11 Beta #1 9dp5dt - 153!!! Beta #2 11dp5dt - 426!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Psalm 113:9 He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the LORD.
  • Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you!!
    TTC with DOR, low morphology, fertilization issues
    IVF#1 Oct 2009 (CCRM) - BFN
    IVF#2 March 2010 - Poor response/cancelled
    DE IVF#1 Aug 2010 - BFN
    DE IVF#2 Dec 2010 - Transferred 1, 2 frozen - BFP!
    TTC#2 FET Jan 2013 - Transferred 1 - BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Cramping is very normal. I thought AF was coming too b/c I had a lot of them. Hold tight!!! :-)
  • definitely possible, cramping during first tri is common. good luck!!!
  • Just wanted to tell you good luck and that you are in my T&P!!!

I really really hope you get your BFsP!!!

• I've heard that af type cramping before a bfp is common. My best friend had horrible AF type cramps after her ivf cycle and ended up getting a BFP. I have my fingers crossed for you and you will be in my t&p's!
    After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

• I had cramping and spotting that started at 3dp5dt and continued for a couple of weeks after my bfp.  I was convinced my period was coming.  Sending lots of good thoughts your way!!  Good luck!
  • I don't know but I hope you get the BFP you have waited way tooooo long for :) I hope those cramps go away and you get a high beta on Monday!
  • I really hope this is it, and you get a bfp! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck at Monday's beta!
  • I did.  I cramped like heck and really thought it was over.  So much so that I got my beta moved up a day so I could move on.  Low and behold beta was positive.  Please don't give up hope!  Hugs and good luck.
  • I did!!  and they haven't stopped yet!  Good luck!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"