Special Needs

integrated preschool gift for xmas?

hi my ds goes to an integrated preschool 5 days a week and besides spec ed teacher and speech teacher,he also gets OT,PT,and music so 5 teachers ,what would u suggest as a gift for them,i can't afford that much probably $20 max,plus he still gets speech at home too ,any help would be appreciated,thanks!!!

Re: integrated preschool gift for xmas?

• I am making homemade candy and cookie tins for my small gifts.  I am sure they will appreciate whatever you give.

• I'm making homemade cookies and candies in a holiday tin.  I have for Matthew's teachers in his intergrated class and Christopher's therapists, so that's 10 people to get for between the 2 of them. 
  • Loading the player...
  • As a SLP, I can tell you that any demonstration of appreciation is much welcomed :)  Over the last few years, I've gotten cookies/candy/other edible goodies, ornaments, candles, gift cards, good old fashioned holiday cards, and plenty of other things that I can't remember right now b/c I'm pooooooped :) Every gift has put a smile on my face...it always feels good to know someone thought of you :)
  • As a special ed preschool teacher, I will say that gifts from the heart are the best!  Cookies and candies are nice, and always get eaten :)  My most cherished gifts ever, are those hand written notes that I have received thanking me for all that I have done for their child.  Those are the things that I cherish the most and I still have those cards, long after the gift is gone. I have also received some thoughtful, meaningful gifts such as a christmas ornament that the funds went to Autism research (I teach in an ABA classroom).  Again, a sentimental gift. 

I think it is wonderful that you want to do something for all of the people who work with your child!!  Anything you do will be appreciated!!

Kirsten DD 4-7-06
  • I teach PPCD and save all sweet patent notes from over the years. A small gift is nice, but the card is the part I save :)
  • I have met quite a few teachers who say that they will not eat gifts from families, so I'm surprised by the responses here.  I plan to do a nice letter (I love my teachers), a gift certificate, and an ornament.  I'm doing the gift certificate to ether a restaurant or something like Target (where everyone goes).  All of the teachers I've spoken too like GC best. 

My special education teacher is expecting and I'm knitting her a baby blanket as well. 

• I'm suprised that people told you that they wouldn't eat a gift made by a family.  I taught for 8 years and had all kinds of home-made treats like that and never thought twice about it (ok wouldn't eat from one mom but she skeeved me out and threatened me).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"