New York Babies

Stroller Opinions

Hi Manhattan Mamas! I haven't registered yet, but I'm in the process of researching everything to decide what I want to register for.

As a Manhattan Mama to be, I ride the subway A LOT and I was wondering people's opinions on the best strollers for use in the city. Both in terms of having to carry it in and out of the subway and in terms of being able to handle the wear and tear of city walking.Any thoughts?

Thanks!!!

Virginia

Re: Stroller Opinions

• I have the carseat and snap and go and it was brilliant with a newborn but now that shes a little bigger its too heavy and awkward to be lifting over the turnstiles and up and down the steps. I also have a bumbleride which i barely use as even though its light weight it is bulky.  I just got a maclaren with the hinge covers as I see women lift them with relative ease over the turnstiles.  You will be amazed at how much further you will walk with your stroller!  Hope this helps... i remember how indecisive I was when picking a stroller.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • baby jogger city mini
  • Loading the player...
  • Maclaren quest. Can fold with one hand and carry baby with other. Also light weight and easy on subway.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have a heavy duty stroller for walking (UppaBaby Vista) and I just use my Moby wrap when I take the subway or bus. We have a Maclaren Triumph for when he's a little older.

When we were looking at strollers, we did find the Baby Jogger City Mini  easy to handle and fold.

"For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks! And Go Heels!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"