Austin Babies

Does Costco take formula checks?

We're thinking about getting a membership.   I couldn't actually get a person on the phone to answer this question, so I though I would ask the Nesties!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Does Costco take formula checks?

• I'm 90% sure they do.  I'm pretty sure we used them there in the beginning.  I LOVE Costco, so I think you should definitely get a membership.
  • Yes they do! That is the only form of coupon that they take because it is a check, not a discount.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageUTjessbride:
    Yes they do! That is the only form of coupon that they take because it is a check, not a discount.

Woo-hoo!  We're joining!

• The one down south does NOT anymore. They just changed their policy is what we were told. Boo.
  • imagebobcatsteph:
    The one down south does NOT anymore. They just changed their policy is what we were told. Boo.

Wow!! really! That is a big bummer!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • If you're willing to navigate the switch, the Kirklands(Costco) brand formula is a slightly different texture/taste to baby but nutritionally identical to other high end formulas like Enfamil. I don't recall the exact price difference but at the time it seemed huge? Dr Chang was fine with her having "generic" formula. For us, the membership is worth diapers, wipes and back in the day, formula.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • yes!  and they'll take more than one at once (as long as you buy as many things of formula as checks you use).
  • imagebobcatsteph:
    The one down south does NOT anymore. They just changed their policy is what we were told. Boo.

Hmm.  I wonder if that means that the north one doesn't accept anymore either.  I guess it's not really a deal breaker for us because we would still be ahead cost-wise by buying formula at Costco--just a nice bonus.  When we do get checks, I could just use them elsewhere.

• imageMrsJEC:

imagebobcatsteph:

Hmm.  I wonder if that means that the north one doesn't accept anymore either.  I guess it's not really a deal breaker for us because we would still be ahead cost-wise by buying formula at Costco--just a nice bonus.  When we do get checks, I could just use them elsewhere.

that would be very weird for one Costco to do something different from others.  The one we go to (in San Antonio) took them from my husband just last week and he's going again today, I'll ask to see if he had any problems, but if I were you, I'd ask why they won't accept them since they are considered checks and not coupons.

• imageTaytee:
    If you're willing to navigate the switch, the Kirklands(Costco) brand formula is a slightly different texture/taste to baby but nutritionally identical to other high end formulas like Enfamil. I don't recall the exact price difference but at the time it seemed huge? Dr Chang was fine with her having "generic" formula. For us, the membership is worth diapers, wipes and back in the day, formula.

ditto - we had Layna on the generic brand.  She never noticed the difference after switching her from Enfamil. 

Actually...she was on multiple formulas depending on if I was shopping at WalMart, Target, HEB or Sam's Club :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • yes they do.  I just used 2 enfamil checks this past Sunday.  Do not go through a self check out.  They have to run the checks and the self-check outs do not have the machines.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • hmm I wonder if we just got a crappy cashier. I even argued that I knew other people that used them and he said they changed their policy. this was months ago. it doesn't matter to us anymore though because we switched to the target formula...its the exact same thing but for much much cheaper!
  • imagebobcatsteph:
    hmm I wonder if we just got a crappy cashier. I even argued that I knew other people that used them and he said they changed their policy. this was months ago. it doesn't matter to us anymore though because we switched to the target formula...its the exact same thing but for much much cheaper!

Spencer has such a refined palate, he can tell the difference (haha!  no really, I think it just gets more bubbly and he can't tolerate the Target brand.  Sad for us.  Guess he's got caviar dreams and champagne wishes).  Similac for us.  :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"