Alabama Babies

Please take a minute to count your blessings....

I am just SO sad today.  Yesterday I learned of 3 unexpected deaths - the husband of an old neighbor, the father of a close friend, and the college aged daughter of one of DH's co-workers. 

Today I got an email from work about someone I don't know, but who also works for my orgazination.  His little 22 month of baby girl has been diagnosed with AT/RT, a virtually fatal cancer in any case.  A tumor the size of a mango was recently removed from her brain and she is in for a year of treatment, that is if all goes well.

Anyway, I know it's so easy to get caught up in the little things and complain about what's not going right in our lives, but please take a moment to count your blessings and keep all these people in your thoughts and prayers.

Also, if anyone has family/friends who work for the federal gov't, the father of the little girl is seeking voluntary leave donations.  Info can be found here:

https://evybeatscancer.blogspot.com/

I'm a crying, blubbering mess right now...  I just can't imagine....

Re: Please take a minute to count your blessings....

• That is all so awful.  Each and every one of those people are in my prayers. 
  • How awful.  I totally agree with you, that we should be grateful for what we have and all our blessings.  Things can change in a heartbeat.  I hope God's grace shines on all of them.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm tearing up just reading that blog.  I will be praying for that sweet little baby and her family.  I can't imagine what the parents are going through. 
  • How awful.  I will be praying!

I agree with you 100%.  When we were down at the Children's Hospital last Friday I saw lots of sick kids/babies and I just thought to myself how lucky I really was.  One thing that broke my heart to pieces was as we were leaving a little boy about age 6 and his parents were coming in pulling multiple suitcases and a wagon and I knew that meant that the little boy was there for a while.  He looked very brave which tells me this wasn't the first time he'd experienced this and right then and there I thanked God for my baby and sent up a little prayer for that little boy.  It really puts things in perspective.  

• How terribly sad...I will say a prayer for them.

• I'm with you-so many tragic things have happened this year.  I find myself thinking about lost loved ones all the time.  I am so thankful for my healthy family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You are so right, we should all appreciate our lives no matter what is going on.  I will keep all of these families in my prayers. Thanks for the little reminder.
  • Just saw this post after writing my own prayer request above. Gosh, yesterday was a horrible day. :(

I am definitely trying to put my own frustrations/complaints in perspective today. Thank goodness for the great things and people in my life. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"