Trouble TTC

Don't press the red button!

So...last month's IUI didn't take :(  I only had 2 follies.  This month...yeah there are 5!  Dr. said it would be a no-go.  I had 1 at 17mm, 2 at 16mm and 2 at 14mm.  Dr. said it was too likely that all 5 would take and he didn't feel we should do the IUI this month.  :( Okay, here comes the good part...he also said to not have sex.  HUH!  You are going to tell a woman who has been trying for 3 years to have a baby...6 months of fertility treatments...to not have sex because she and her DH may get pregnant!!!!!!!  Grrrr.....how frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Don't press the red button!

• There is a reason why he is suggesting that. HOM is a reality and a possibility with 5  mature follicles.

I am sorry it is frustrating, trust me, there were months I did not want a break, but you do need to weigh your pros and cons - pregnant with possibly 5 babies or a month break? 

Your doctor is being responsible. Hopefully you will follow his lead. 

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Please, please listen to your doctor.  Just having twins is scary, let alone possibly having 5 babies.  The health risks not only to you, but to them and their lifelong health are not worth going against your doctors advice.  

He is being incredibly responsible and trying to protect you and any possible babies that could result from doing IUI or TI with 5 mature follicles.   

image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Obviously listen to your doctor but here's my story.  Unexplained infertility and no big probs with me or DH.  I had one cycle with 4 follicles, one with 5 follicles where we had a sit down talk about multiples, and another cycle with 6 follicles.  All those cycles we did back-to-back IUI's....and nothing.  I don't know if I would be patient enough to not have sex.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"